Help with Visions in the Dark, Vaylin cave fight

gottaloveme

I have done this fight wtih spectral Vaylin before including my smuggler. Now however, it's my concealment operative that's giving me grief. He's lvl 75; item rating is (iirc) 274. On googling it, the pc's are everything but ranged and the 'cave' in which you fight Vaylin swaps from Odessen to the final fight against her. So, she has no purple circles and there are no healing green clouds. I also have no companion. I can't move forward, and all to make a weapon I will likely not use.

Any help appreciated.

I have done this fight wtih spectral Vaylin before including my smuggler. Now however, it's my concealment operative that's giving me grief. He's lvl 75; item rating is (iirc) 274. On googling it, the pc's are everything but ranged and the 'cave' in which you fight Vaylin swaps from Odessen to the final fight against her. So, she has no purple circles and there are no healing green clouds. I also have no companion. I can't move forward, and all to make a weapon I will likely not use.

Any help appreciated.

He's lvl 75; item rating is (iirc) 274.

Sounds feasible. It's nominally level 65 content, and I first did it at an Item Rating of around 212-216, maybe a little less. (Er, back when 224 was the absolute max, and level 65 was the max level.)

On googling it, the pc's are everything but ranged and the 'cave' in which you fight Vaylin swaps from Odessen to the final fight against her.

Not at all. It happens in the same cave you walk into on Odessen, and there is no trace of the final fight *at*all*. (Er, if, as what follows suggests, you are talking about the KotET Chapter IX fight.)

Your Googling skills have miserably failed you this time.

Note: because Operative has a healer discipline, you should have at least *some* self-heal abilities.

So, she has no purple circles and there are no healing green clouds.

Correct. This is a mobility fight, and there are phases where you must keep moving or get splattered by rocks and stuff from the ceiling, but in general, just hit her any way you can until she falls over and doesn't get up.

I also have no companion.

True, but that friend you invite into the instance with you *can* have a companion. (Go into the instance, /invite Playername, then invite the other person into your instance.)

On the other hand, I've never done that, and I've never been beaten by this one.(1)

I can't move forward, and all to make a weapon I will likely not use.

I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to by "can't move forward", with obvious possibilities being:

* Can't advance the story

* Character actually stuck in place during the fight

I've never heard of anyone complaining about the second one, and the first is fairly self-explanatory - if you can't complete the fight, then obviously you can't advance the story, unless you're willing to skip over other intermediate parts of the story to get ahead.

Being stuck in place and unable to move during the fight would, indeed, be a problem.

As for using the weapon or not, that's up to you, but it does give some useful bonuses in the Chapter XVI fight against the one-armed bandit, er, emperor, and (they say, although I haven't bothered confirming) in the KotET Chapter IX fight against Vaylin.

(1) I'm not saying that I'm so good I can just wave my hand in the general direction of the keyboard and beat the fight, just that it hasn't ever stopped me.