The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

"Imperial" Trooper?

klaussmarcellusz

If I play as a BH/Agent with Vanguard/Commando style, will I essentially be playing as a "Sith Trooper"?

Yeah though more into the Agent storyline since you are clearly an agent of the empire, the bounty hunter story makes you less an agent and more a mercenary unless you want to say you joined the empire as their soldier later on after becoming a known bounty hunter.

If I play as a BH/Agent with Vanguard/Commando style, will I essentially be playing as a "Sith Trooper"?

Sort of. Or not. Depending on how you define "Sith Trooper" versus "Imperial Trooper".

Ralphie is correct about BH Origin + Trooper Style. That won't be an Imperial Trooper (pedantry: the BH isn't even an Imperial anyway(1)) because the origin story isn't about any sort of soldier.

The Agent origin with a Commando or Vanguard combat style isn't an Imperial Trooper either, because the *story* isn't a trooper (soldier) story. Well, mostly not. You can make an argument for it, but ultimately, the agent is the equivalent of MI5 or MI6, maybe MI19, and certainly not any sort of soldier.

And "Sith Trooper" is just not on. The Agent is Imperial rather than Sith, and the Bounty Hunter isn't even "Imperial", much less "Sith".

(1) There are multiple opportunities for the BH to say exactly that, and ultimately both Darth Marr (on Yavin) and Darth Arkous (on somewhere spoilerish) both say so as well.