The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Idea and the Fraud

RTWhirlwind

Idea/Request: Quick and simple, it would be really nice if when purchasing armor sets there was an option box of some kind to select whether you would like it in pieces or in a box. Not all of us like to get armor sets in individual pieces.

The Fraud: There is someone who is....most definitely not Bioware employee's who are spiking prices down on higher value items. You could pass this off as someone with multiple different characters but there are problems with that.

Number 1: These "players" are showing up on a regular schedule of every two months to three months and they stay for the same amount of time then "poof" as if by magic they are gone. The timers they set on the items are always the same and are in perfect synch that is not possible for a human to achieve on the regular. They are, of course, all done under the same group of thirty or so screen names.

Number 2: Trying to add these players is possible up to a point and then they "insert name does not exist." These players are never logged on at the same time for even seconds.

Number 3: These "players" have access to every single item. With the thousands of items in the game even maxed out storage cannot account for this discrepancy, especially when they always have exactly the right items at the right times, which no player would take the time to do no matter how much they love "trolling."

This is a little troubling to me. Yes, there are problems with the GTN and yes, I am not happy with everything but this is a step to far for my liking. Role playing is going to enact real life so you are going to run into jerks, it is just that simple. Employees directly intervening in the game with no notice on this and often ruining a good bit of fun on the GTN when you go to post your item only to see that the item has been taken from a very average prive and absolutely sunk to the floor. It is not one or two items, it is dozens upon dozens and a great deal of these are not wildly over priced as you will sometimes see. Not only do I not agree with this, but quite frankly it is even more insulting at how absolutely sloppy this operation is. They believe in our stupidity so much so that they made it this easy to catch. This is not how to deal with GTN problems, especially in a game that is supposed to be player choice driven with real life influences. It is why the CDC studied WoW when they had the plague bug that players were purposely spreading to other players to use it as data on how people may act in real life during an event like that. Very poorly done Bioware and while some may be fine with this practice, I personally am not and would like it to stop.