The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unbalance with the Force (or why can't tech classes swap their primary style)

-Glyndo-

I get why you would allow the force users to change their primary style to the mirror based on their force alignment. And I don't want that changed.

BUT.....why can't some who is a tech class do the same thing?

When I originally started playing the game, having come from SWG with a bunch of friends and guildies, I could not remake my smuggler on the imperial side so I was forced into the agent. Now, with the changes I would love to be able to turn in my sniper rifle for a set of blasters. As it sits right now, the only way to do that is to hamstring my character and take gunslinger as the secondary style. That seems like a huge oversight and mistake, not to mention polarizing against those of us who only chose a class due to the extreme limitations of the game up to 7.0.

In the interest of balance and fair play, I would ask that tech classes be allowed to flip their primary style to the mirror just as the force users can.

That is all.

P.S. Can we get Rodians as a playable race? :rod_tongue_p:

Best guess is because that will incentivize people to make new characters since they wont be as limited as pre 7.0 characters, more new characters having to go through the entire multi expansion stories more time spend ingame and subbed.

It seems quite intended because based on what bioware has said they had been very careful with their wording, and the current combat style system seems almost finalized on pts and it is very careful when it talks about your first combat style(for force users) and even then you dont have choices, only the choice to change to mirror one.

So being incredibly limited for force users and non existent for tech users looks to be quite intended based on all the signs we have now and there's no signs to suggest the opposite.

They are gonna have problems though because many people are clearly unaware of this and when they login to 7.0 and find out they cant or that they wasted their second combat slot to the mirror combat style *Because they didnt read the text* there is gonna be some serious backlash.

Or people who might have wasted their time creating a character in preparation for 7.0 only to find out they cant change their origin class.

I dont personally mind since I was planning making a new powertech-sniper in the trooper storyline but I am definitely expecting complaints hence why i made an entire thread explaining how it is gonna work so people arent surprised, but some seem to be so hopeful that things are gonna turn out the way they want they are in full denial.

Edited by ralphieceaser