The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When is the next version of the PTS?

Jedi_riches

So after yesterday's stream the release date is 14th December, the current PTS that I played last weekend is nowhere near ready, no weapons in outfitter, glitchy combat style switching, loadouts not tested at all, strange quest rewards that people can't use for a few more levels just to name a few.

So is a new version of the PTS ready to drop for us to test fixes to problems and test the new stuff? Otherwise I am really not hopeful for a working game over Christmas.

I would not expect a relatively polished fully functioning PTS before 7.0 launches. Too much to do, not enough time.

14 of December will be a posting of a PTS build to the live servers. Expect a non-Beta version of 7.0 to go up sometime between March 1 and April 30 of 2022.

It is a smart choice of release date in one sense, it gives them about a week and a half before Christmas to fix critical game breaking bugs that make it through to live before everyone is gone for the holiday break.

Personally, I'd have scheduled the release of 7.0 for mid to late Feb. 2022, but they're probably hoping for a holiday/4 th quarter financial report bump in revenue.