SWTOR on a laptop

RobertLeeGates

Im looking for a laptop that will run SWTOR to get my girlfriend into the game. I just built my own gaming PC but its a desktop, and she is more laptop user.

Not looking for a really high end model but just something that will do good for her.. more about ease of use and good play and not MAX settings... kinda middle of the road..

any ideas of what or where I should be looking and for what?

If she wants to use an external mouse with it, I strongly advise finding out where the hot air blows out of the case. It will be some combination of the left side and/or the right side and/or the back.

I have a moderately expensive Asus ROG Strix 17-incher, and if I use the internal keyboard but an external mouse, the side air vent blows uncomfortably(1) hot air directly onto my thumb because I *didn't* find out where it is.

If I use both external, not a problem because my mouse hand isn't next to the side of the case of the laptop, and if I use both internal, same thing.

Oh, and I'm right-handed, like 90% or so of humans, and I cannot imagine what drove the Asus designers to build the laptop with right-and-rear vents instead of left-and-rear.

(1) It's probably not hot enough to be *dangerously* hot, but it feels like it isn't far from it.

I play swtor only a laptop for 10 years now. I always tried to be in the 1000,- euro range and always had max settings on. The question is what is your price range?

As it was said, you definitely need to invest into your proccessor cause thats what needed the most. 8 MB RAM, na a decent graphics (not intergrated).