Set Bonus Achievements AND leveling set bonus AFTER 7.0

shadowdemonNZ

So I need to start with saying I am an Achievement hunter in games I play. Playing with Friends and doing fun content is 50% of the enjoyment for me. The rest is the hunt and challenge provided by hidden or hard to get achievements. I have read that the current set bonus gear in SWTOR that you collect from vendors and ops drops will be no more after 7.0. I am looking for some clear answers as to if that means the achievements for collecting these set bonuses will be completely unobtainable after 7.0? Also on a slightly less important but related note, the Set bonus gear many people got from the Dark Vs Light event that increases exp gained while leveling, will this be no longer in usable or is it exempt from the set bonus removal?

Thank you

They are removing them. The achievement system is a complete and utter joke they add new achievements some of them utterly broken then after a short time remove them before many people can even complete them.

It all started with the DvL fiasco and has continued ever since.

Sadly they never learn.

So I need to start with saying I am an Achievement hunter in games I play. Playing with Friends and doing fun content is 50% of the enjoyment for me. The rest is the hunt and challenge provided by hidden or hard to get achievements. I have read that the current set bonus gear in SWTOR that you collect from vendors and ops drops will be no more after 7.0. I am looking for some clear answers as to if that means the achievements for collecting these set bonuses will be completely unobtainable after 7.0? Also on a slightly less important but related note, the Set bonus gear many people got from the Dark Vs Light event that increases exp gained while leveling, will this be no longer in usable or is it exempt from the set bonus removal?

Thank you

They are moving the Set achievements to Feats of Strength, however you could in theory still get them after 7.0 since Kai Zykken will still be available with the random unique item box. As for the Dark Vs Light XP armor, I may be wrong, but I thought I read someplace that it still is working on the PTS.

I Agree that they should not just trash peoples achievement hunting ability. I'm at 60k and lost a tone of points when they trashed DvL.

I'm ok Dev's, with you going in a new direction but do keep in mind that a lot of your user base collects cheevos and giving people an option to unlock the event with CC as they missed it in game would be acceptable to many.

like a Legacy unlock with CC for the DvL event, So people that want to complete it can.

Also keep a vendor that can have all the gear needed for the (Spoils of War) achievements with either your new currency or the Techfrags with a secondary item purchased with CC as long as it's reasonable.

It seems as though the Dev's always listen to the PvP'ers and the NiM raiders but there are a lot of players hunting achievements, How about reaching out to that community and asking them how they would like to see things progress in game. Since by far they are your longest subscribed player count and yet they are the ones to always get screwed over.

Edited by Yoichikun

I Agree that they should not just trash peoples achievement hunting ability. I'm at 60k and lost a tone of points when they trashed DvL.

I'm ok Dev's, with you going in a new direction but do keep in mind that a lot of your user base collects cheevos and giving people an option to unlock the event with CC as they missed it in game would be acceptable to many.

like a Legacy unlock with CC for the DvL event, So people that want to complete it can.

Also keep a vendor that can have all the gear needed for the (Spoils of War) achievements with either your new currency or the Techfrags with a secondary item purchased with CC as long as it's reasonable.

It seems as though the Dev's always listen to the PvP'ers and the NiM raiders but there are a lot of players hunting achievements, How about reaching out to that community and asking them how they would like to see things progress in game. Since by far they are your longest subscribed player count and yet they are the ones to always get screwed over.

Can you imagine what the forums would look like if a bunch of PVP achievements were just moved to Feats of Strength, and their points removed? Or if some of the more cumbersome achievements from the Dxun Op were changed after 6.x ended?

I've turned into an achievement hunter, as the game's gotten older. When I see new ones introduced, I regularly consider which might be removed or changed, which is regrettable. It's not a reliable system. Sometimes the removal makes sense (like when NiM EV and KP were taken out of the game), but others are unexpected and kind of disappointing when changed.

I am glad that we have more and more achievement hunters in the game. Its obvious that there isnt much to do in the game for the veterans so going after achievements becomes a very nice activity!!

Sadly they are removing these achievements, just like DvL stuff or Galactic Command. Its very very stupid of the Devs to do this as people have really spent a lot of time for some things and they just make it obsolete. Sure its their game but they should think about this stuff.

I have personaly spent months and months farming fragments to get this done and now I found out it was in vain.

Unlike with achievements like DvL or Galactic command the removal of the set bonus achievements is a HUGE blow to all the achievement hunters!

As far as I know there was only one person who got 100% before 7.0 but that was also due to a P2W method with the login achievements. So even if there were people who worked and got the gear set bonus achievements they wouldnt have had the logins (because they played regular) and now those achievements will be 0.