The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

For stubborn imperials

Davook

The second one looks very much like the Imperial Trooper set that Collector's Edition owners can buy from the CE vendor on the Imp Fleet (up in the VIP lounge). If it's as close to the ImpTrooper set as it looks, the answer is "never will it be on the CM". On the other hand, it's available in-game *now* if you can get your hands on a CE code.(1)

And it's not an armour set, but the NPC's actual skin. (That's also the case for the other set you point out.)

(1) There are still boxes of the CE available, and the only real difficulty is finding a vendor you'd be willing to trust. I bought one from a guy on Amazon (sold by the vendor, shipped by Amazon(2)) in the early part of 2020, just before all the Covid stuff exploded in our collective faces.

(2) This means the vendor has to store it in Amazon's warehouse, and I felt it was more likely to be still factory-sealed. It was, indeed, factory-sealed.

Based on an item that's been datamined from the PTS, there's a digital upgrade Collector's Edition coming up for the 10th anniversary. The item was seen previewed with upcoming CM items and was a small droid pet, presumably a reward for upgrading to a CE account, and is labeled with a name that references a digital CE.

The digital CE will almost surely give players access to the CE edition vendor, which has the Imperial trooper armor at least.

Lt. Pierce also wears armor quite similar to your second link, and can be recruited on non-Warrior characters after Ch. 9 of KotFE. I think the chest is the same one. His armor can be stamped into outfit tabs.

I do like the armor seen in your first link, a simplified version of Imperial trooper armor, and don't think there's anything like that in the game available for players. Unfortunately, it seems like any new CM sets are entirely new models, i.e. no more bronze or silver sets based on in-game armors from launch or slightly after.

A great credit sink in-game would be to make these types of NPC sets available.

Edited by arunav

Based on an item that's been datamined from the PTS, there's a digital upgrade Collector's Edition coming up for the 10th anniversary. The item was seen previewed with upcoming CM items and was a small droid pet, presumably a reward for upgrading to a CE account, and is labeled with a name that references a digital CE.

The digital CE will almost surely give players access to the CE edition vendor, which has the Imperial trooper armor at least.

Lt. Pierce also wears armor quite similar to your second link, and can be recruited on non-Warrior characters after Ch. 9 of KotFE. I think the chest is the same one. His armor can be stamped into outfit tabs.

I do like the armor seen in your first link, a simplified version of Imperial trooper armor, and don't think there's anything like that in the game available for players. Unfortunately, it seems like any new CM sets are entirely new models, i.e. no more bronze or silver sets based on in-game armors from launch or slightly after.

A great credit sink in-game would be to make these types of NPC sets available.

I'm owner of CE but those sets are painted and textured differend than standard imp trooper armor from CE vendor. Unfortunetly Lt. Pierce armor(he wear Imp SF armor I showed on previous post) can be owned only by sith warrior class. Recruited Maj. Pierce have differend armor(imperial agent chest piece).

Jungle painted armor uses the same mesh as makeb armor(minus backpack) but textures are way better for stealthy imperial tech character imo.

The second one looks very much like the Imperial Trooper set that Collector's Edition owners can buy from the CE vendor on the Imp Fleet (up in the VIP lounge). If it's as close to the ImpTrooper set as it looks, the answer is "never will it be on the CM". On the other hand, it's available in-game *now* if you can get your hands on a CE code.

The scorcher one looks way different than Imperial Trooper set from CE(CE vendor sells basic Imp Trooper armor) those red with different textures are mostly used by Imp Special Forces: members of Shadow Fist, Lt. Pierce etc. also, they used completly different style of helmet(House Thul Loyalist armor from CM use this type of helmet). Since there is already set much more similar to CE Imp Trooper armor(Volitale Shock Trooper) that can be bought via CM, so the statement "never will it be on the CM" is simply not true, there is also Makeb Armor...

I would like to put "heavy" red-black armor on my vanguard or commando agent and olive camouflaged light version on my operative or sniper agent