Allow BH to play as Genoharadan

Floplag

For those of us who play light side or republic aligned BH, at some point it would be nice to be able to actually play for the Republic as Genoharadan.

I feel that light/dark alignment should play a role in the upcoming expansions and actually allow people to forgo traditional class/faction alignments.

Light side empire should have the option to go Rep, and vice versa.

Let game play determine factions choices once you reach a certain point.

Force users are having their skills affected by alignment, it would be nice for tech users to get something similar.

For those of us who play light side or republic aligned BH, at some point it would be nice to be able to actually play for the Republic as Genoharadan.

I feel that light/dark alignment should play a role in the upcoming expansions and actually allow people to forgo traditional class/faction alignments.

Light side empire should have the option to go Rep, and vice versa.

Why should it be only "offside" alignments?

Let game play determine factions choices once you reach a certain point.

Let it be explicit player choice rather than an arbitrary alignment thing. (That is, if they do this thing, let it be a thing we choose to do or not do rather than something that just happens because we have the right alignment. This is particularly important if you are playing a Light Sith as "reformer from the inside". It would be a bit frustrating to suddenly find your character popped over to Pubside.)

Force users are having their skills affected by alignment,

Not as such. We will get the *option* of choosing opposite faction abilities, but it isn't, as such, a direct consequence of changes in alignment.

it would be nice for tech users to get something similar.

They do. We will be able to choose, without reference to alignment stuff, any gun class combat style on any gun class character.

Why should it be only "offside" alignments?

Let it be explicit player choice rather than an arbitrary alignment thing. (That is, if they do this thing, let it be a thing we choose to do or not do rather than something that just happens because we have the right alignment. This is particularly important if you are playing a Light Sith as "reformer from the inside". It would be a bit frustrating to suddenly find your character popped over to Pubside.)

Not as such. We will get the *option* of choosing opposite faction abilities, but it isn't, as such, a direct consequence of changes in alignment.

They do. We will be able to choose, without reference to alignment stuff, any gun class combat style on any gun class character.

its isnt arbitrary, its based on light/dark alignment. Lets be honest, does a light side sith make literally any sense at all? WE call them Jedi :)

My understanding of the way it wors for force uses is that you cannot be a light side and use force lightning or other "sith" skills for example. You cant really choose it and not follow up with youre choices, you must unlock it by playing it that way. If thats mistaken then so be it.

You get to choose any style, true, but its all or nothing. My point in mentioning them there was just for fairness.

Bottom line these choices for light or dark have little real meaning at this point. If they are recognizing that with combat styles, i would like to see it recognized in other areas, thats all. Let how we play determine our chosen faction, not, as you say, some arbitrary default choice.

its isnt arbitrary, its based on light/dark alignment. Lets be honest, does a light side sith make literally any sense at all? WE call them Jedi :)

My understanding of the way it wors for force uses is that you cannot be a light side and use force lightning or other "sith" skills for example. You cant really choose it and not follow up with youre choices, you must unlock it by playing it that way. If thats mistaken then so be it.

You get to choose any style, true, but its all or nothing. My point in mentioning them there was just for fairness.

Bottom line these choices for light or dark have little real meaning at this point. If they are recognizing that with combat styles, i would like to see it recognized in other areas, thats all. Let how we play determine our chosen faction, not, as you say, some arbitrary default choice.

A light side with can make sense. There is a quest in the dark temple on Dromund Kass where one of the sixth lords buried there was light. A Jedi who falls to the dark side isn’t automatically a sixth. They are a dark Jedi. Sixth and Jedi are organizations.

The way they’ve explained the light/dark for 7.0 is the a sixth who goes light may choose to use light side abilities instead of dark side ones and vice versa. You don’t have to use those abilities though.

I doubt they will ever open it up to BH on Republic faction or Trooper on Empire. They would have to go back and change too much of the coding and re-record too much dialogue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.