The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Merc 7.0

juanmiranda

Since Jugg is going into the dumpster its only fair that merc goes too. Too long below average trash mercs have had their way in regs. Just yesterday on Mara I attacked a merc who immediately bubbled. I cc him then he used reflect to which I promptly responded with a grenade. Players like this don't deserve this kind of survivability. Just so many easy ways out and actual merc players could survive just fine if one of them was removed. This is why there are so many mercs in queue because you can just sit there heal to full over and over without any regard for dcd priority. Now if I WASN'T alone you can safety assume others would've been attacking him through his bubbles healing him. It seems like %90 of the mercs I bump into just blown their dcds over an autoattack or cc and its getting ridiculous. Its past ridiculous.

Judging from the changes to other classes, I highly doubt mercs will be allowed to keep all of kolto, bubble, reflect and rocket boost. Further, a lot of the merc's survivability comes from utilities and not all utilities will be available to pick in the ABC system. From what we have seen so far, it can be assumed that all classes will be losing defensive power, mobility and utility during their conversion to combat styles. Merc is also one of the classes containing the most amount of abilities, and so has more abilities to lose than other classes in order to bring it in line with the new baseline for combat styles.

Judging from the changes to other classes, I highly doubt mercs will be allowed to keep all of kolto, bubble, reflect and rocket boost. Further, a lot of the merc's survivability comes from utilities and not all utilities will be available to pick in the ABC system. From what we have seen so far, it can be assumed that all classes will be losing defensive power, mobility and utility during their conversion to combat styles. Merc is also one of the classes containing the most amount of abilities, and so has more abilities to lose than other classes in order to bring it in line with the new baseline for combat styles.

Seems like a good enough reason to resub in 7.0 for me. Farming trash mercs will never be easier.