Combat Styles Discussion

Soljin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this EA/BW's latest tactic to not address the issues being raised about 7.0?

They've addressed issues and concerns about 7.0 in the Dev Tracker.

Well at least we don't have to pay for this experience...

How are you posting on the forums if you're not paying? ;)

Folks have been asking to open up weapon choices for classes and per typical SWToR fashion they found the easiest way to achieve a version which is not what people wanted but a lesser version of it

If only there had been some way to predict that based on the game's prior history ;)

We need to face that Bioware does not value their player base enough to invest the resources needed to achieve what we ask for fully and completely...we will always get a crummy version.

Wait, what are you basing this on? :p

To be completely honest my expectations of Bioware/EA investing any resources into SWToR is so extremely low that any form of change or flexibility in story/character building are a plus.

So maybe I'm looking a bit hard for a positive but I really want to play a good Star Wars "choose your on adventure" RPG that isn't a decade plus old...

So you don't want to play SWTOR then?

Once again let me clarify...I did not respond directly to D.O. post commenting that the conversation had grown stale, I responded to one of your posts at number 63. I appreciate the attempts to "win" I even appreciate the attempts for you to defend your second account or friend or what ever..It doesn't change that your both kinda post stalking at this point. IF you both stop bringing me up and replying I will gladly do the same... so Later!

This is what you said to me in post 63

Wasn't attempting to hide anything I just didn't feel the need to be specific at the time of writing the initial post...

I also understand why they don't choose to execute what I perceive as good moves for the game... I just don't agree with Bioware's lack of care for this game and the Star Wars IP.

I think the true misunderstanding is that the position of accepting Bioware's lack of care and inaction needs to be accepted by me or anyone else as a reality with no alternate future...Because its not until hindsight confirms it is.

This is what you said to DO in post 56

I think at this point our conversation has reached a point of stale and it keeps swerving off the road towards a conversation that I take no pleasure or insight from...so you win, enjoy.

Which quote has the comment about "stale" and "you win" in it?

So please do us all a favor and admit that you said it to DO and not me. And for the record we are not the same person and we are not friends. I just happen to agree with him on some points. I do that with more people, even you, just not on this point.

Edited by Tsillah

:ph_good_post:

https://imgur.com/a/6DentjS

What is that now, seven different posts where you've spammed the same message repeatedly now? Almost all in a row to boot.

I guess that's an unfortunate practice that often happens when the point of posts is to "win" rather than to trade ideas and develop viewpoints and theories in a collaborative fashion.

Which quote has the comment about "stale" and "you win" in it.

So please do us all a favor and admit that you said it to DO and not me. And for the record we are not the same person and we are not friends. I just happen to agree with him on some points. I do that with more people, even you, just not on this point.

Yes and just to further elaborate you and I have argued before and have stuff that we didn't agree with each other on and there were things that you were right about and that I was wrong about. Same with you and OlBuzzard. You both have had lengthy back and forths as well but there's a discussion/conversation there.

If somebody makes a topic and says they wish the character creator had sliders or asks if it's possible for the character creator to have sliders and it's explained how that wouldn't happen or would be unlikely to happen, then to me the idea shouldn't be to necessarily just give up on getting more variety out of character creation but to potentially discuss more options that work or can be done if something like sliders aren't going to happen, ie more skin tones, full-body tattoos/markings/scars, separating eyebrows from complexions, etc.

That then becomes a discussion or conversation about said feature or how to get more out of that feature or even the game itself.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Which quote has the comment about "stale" and "you win" in it.

I think you have laid out all the posts you need to understand what I am trying to say which amounts to...I attempted to end the conversation with DO. I then responded to you after attempting to end the conversation not DO but then DO took my response to you and started the cycle over again...I have been responding with "good post" and Big Labowski quotes for a very long time and dude is still at it... You guys are awesome!

Keep coming it's just starting to get good and creepy.

I think you have laid out all the posts you need to understand what I am trying to say which amounts to...I attempted to end the conversation with DO. I then responded to you after attempting to end the conversation not DO but then DO took my response to you and started the cycle over again...I have been responding with "good post" and Big Labowski quotes for a very long time and dude is still at it... You guys are awesome!

Then you need to be a lot more clear - you said in post 101:

Once again let me clarify...I did not respond directly to D.O. post commenting that the conversation had grown stale, ...

Here you literally denied saying that to DO. So now it transpires that that's not actually what you meant to say. Sheez...

Edit: it's The Big Lebowski btw.

Edited by Tsillah

I attempted to end the conversation with DO. I then responded to you after attempting to end the conversation not DO but then DO took my response to you and started the cycle over again...

No, I didn't start the cycle over again, I just responded.

With what you said to me you should have just been done with me but your excuse is basically "well he responded so I HAD to respond back." which is ridiculous because if me responding is all it takes to get you to respond then there's no point bothering to say something like

I think at this point our conversation has reached a point of stale and it keeps swerving off the road towards a conversation that I take no pleasure or insight from...so you win, enjoy.

I have been responding with "good post" and Big Labowski quotes for a very long time

You've been spamming the thread despite claiming to want to have a discussion/conversation.

and dude is still at it...

I at no point said I was done or that you won or "enjoy" or anything like that. You said that. You acted as if were done but then kept at it.

It's probably not the best idea to encourage it or continue to spam the same thing over and over again.

No, I didn't start the cycle over again, I just responded.

With what you said to me you should have just been done with me but your excuse is basically "well he responded so I HAD to respond back." which is ridiculous because if me responding is all it takes to get you to respond then there's no point bothering to say something like

You've been spamming the thread despite claiming to want to have a discussion/conversation.

I at no point said I was done or that you won or "enjoy" or anything like that. You said that. You acted as if were done but then kept at it.

It's probably not the best idea to encourage it or continue to spam the same thing over and over again.

:ph_lol:

Then you need to be a lot more clear - you said in post 101:

Here you literally denied saying that to DO. So now it transpires that that's not actually what you meant to say. Sheez...

It's so all over the place when it should be relatively simple or it comes across like he doesn't want to acknowledge that he might have been wrong about something or deal with any of the consequences and then just goes off in a different direction that doesn't follow what you or I are saying.

For example here...

Feedback in SWToR beta did nothing

- Ability to kill companions

- Ability to mod all weapons & armor

- The General title from the Jedi Knight storyline

All things that changed or were removed as a result of feedback during the beta.

There were things that obviously changed as a result of feedback during the beta but instead of responding with "Okay there were things that changed as result of feedback." or "Yeah I got that part wrong I guess." or whatever he then goes off spamming the same Big Lebowski quote over and over again but for what purpose? To avoid having to acknowledge that?

It's okay to be wrong or get stuff wrong, I've gotten stuff wrong before but the result is that I usually learn something from it or more knowledge about a subject or whatever. For instance, I didn't know about the Class Quest stuff on Makeb until just recently after it was pointed out to me. It was something I had no idea about and was wrong about in my assumption that they had no plans or intentions for class quests on Makeb but now I know something more about SWTOR as a result of that.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

It's so all over the place when it should be relatively simple or it comes across like he doesn't want to acknowledge that he might have been wrong about something or deal with any of the consequences and then just goes off in a different direction that doesn't follow what you or I are saying.

For example here...

There were things that obviously changed as a result of feedback during the beta but instead of responding with "Okay there were things that changed as result of feedback." or "Yeah I got that part wrong I guess." or whatever he then goes off spamming the same Big Lebowski quote over and over again but for what purpose? To avoid having to acknowledge that?

I only really have one more question left that I'm confused about: are we trolling him or is he trolling us?

I only really have one more question left that I'm confused about: are we trolling him or is he trolling us?

I mean he believes he's trolling us with the repeated quotes/spam although like I said before it's probably not the best idea to so given that spam is generally a basic TOS violation on most social platforms like forums.

Sure would be a shame if he built up a bunch of spam posts one right after the other especially after mentioning how he wanted to have a conversation.

Thanks but I really am wondering about it. It might both be true...

:cool: