Cosmetic "unsheathe" animations for cartel market

PotatoJack

Just an idea i've had for quite some time now. Seeing cinematics and cutscenes of other sith or jedi using the force to pull their lightsaber out from their hip gets me feeling some type of way. It would be super cool to have collectable animations that we could equip that change up how characters unsheathe their weapons.

To be honest I can't think of any at the moment. Would have to get back to my computer and take a deep dive trying to find what I remember. Could completely be a false memory though from some other star wars content. I'll see if i can't find anything that resembles what im thinking of here in a bit

There are a number of shots in the game where the camera is a close-up tight shot on the character's thigh/leg framing exactly where the weapon is being pulled from. Anything that's too different from that like say having a force user raise their left hand in the air and pull their saber from their right hip across their chest to their hand is gonna look awkward or completely off in a number of scenes due to the preset framing.

I'm also not sure but I don't think the cutscenes are built in a way where they could swap animations like that.

For instance, I don't think they can just go in and replace "unsheath.anim" with "unsheathCM3.anim"

Edited by Darth-Obvious

There are a number of shots in the game where the camera is a close-up tight shot on the character's thigh/leg framing exactly where the weapon is being pulled from. Anything that's too different from that like say having a force user raise their left hand in the air and pull their saber from their right hip across their chest to their hand is gonna look awkward or completely off in a number of scenes due to the preset framing.

I'm also not sure but I don't think the cutscenes are built in a way where they could swap animations like that.

For instance, I don't think they can just go in and replace "unsheath.anim" with "unsheathCM3.anim"

What i had in mind was a little less extreme than across a characters just more so just the arm mid jumping jack height and the saber flying into the hand. As quick as they are now just a little something different

What i had in mind was a little less extreme than across a characters just more so just the arm mid jumping jack height and the saber flying into the hand. As quick as they are now just a little something different

Whether it's more or less complicated than what I described you need to account for the existing camera framing of the cutscenes. For instance, like I mentioned earlier there are a number of shots where the camera is focused in tight on our character's thigh. That's the only part of our character you're seeing in the shot other than their hand pulling the saber off their thigh.

This framing is also used for the tech-based classes and their pistols like the scenes that force the Agent and Trooper to use a pistol.

In those specific shots what would happen with the animation your describing is that you'd see the lightsaber fly off the side of their thigh and out of frame because their hand in the position your describing would be out of frame for those specific types of shots.

In other words there are a number of shots where any sort of change would result in clipping, cropping, or positional issues.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.