The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My ideas on Gunslinger and Sentinel Changes for 7.0

Psychkiller

Hello guys,

after seeing the proposed changes to Guardian on the PTS, I thought I should add my two cents on the two classes I play the most.

Sentinel

Remove:

cyclone slash; It deals pathetic damage even against larger groups of enemies

pacify: Useless in PvE and way too strong in pvp

leg slash: Has no impact and there are more than enough slows in the game as it is

Change:

slash: make this ability more enganging than a lvl 1 filler or remove it outright

cauterize: remove the watchman tactical that makes you slash all the time so this ability has meaning again

blade barrage: change it to master strike animation again and give it cast time

force camouflage: no longer drops threat

combat spec: make it a viable dps spec that is oriented around burst windows. kinda like arcane mage in WoW

Gunslinger

Remove:

Flourish shot: never used in PvE outside some minor stuff like on brontes bubble in MM Dread Fortress. in PvP, make it so you dont need healing reduction in arena because people live too long.

Hideout: We should have never gotten this ability in the first place.

Thermal Grenade: Useless for Sharpshooter and Dirty Fighting. Replace the proc on Sabo with Charged Burst or keep it only for that spec

Take cover: Only one cover ability is required

Surrender: Make playing around threat interesting/Change threat building entirely

Diversion: Useless in PvE for almost every encounter and boring to use/play against in PvP

Change:

XS Freighter Flyby: Make it do meaningful damage outside a precast ability or remove it outright