Why Continue To Play SWTOR?

QDMcGraw

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The free month ends on the 20th. He thinks I won't be here on the 21st.

The "free" months end subscription will see a LOT of people just leaving I suspect- those people though are the ones nobody would even want to play an MMORPG with. As already stated they either, are

1) individuals who are of unsavoury character

2) Are the kind of people who can't fathom paying for something that isn't up to thier standards fresh out of the gate or

Both

I hadn't even realized the Free sub ended the 21st because I have no intention of cancelling anyways haha

Maybe he means GW2? :confused:

Maybe, but GW2 seems to me to be overhyped. People expect GW2 to be the end all to be all of MMORPG which it likley won't be.

There's probably gonna be equal amounts of I quit posts nd haters there the first week too

Anyway I'm off topic haha

Edited by Spyderwraith

Actually, I don't. I quit WoW a week after Cata dropped. The game just didn't hold any interest for me anymore. Something about Cata just really turned me off of the game. Prior to that, I had quit 3 times before to play other games, but ended up going back to WoW. Right now I carry 2 subs in EQ1 and SWTOR sub. I am so anti-Blizzard, I will not be any part of Diablo 3, either.

Get out of me head!.....

Seriously, I'm so tired of going back to wow, so tired of the "job" of dailies and raiding, so tired of the content treadmill. I love challenging PVE, I do not mind putting in time and effort for PVE, but in wow the only accomplishment now is downing the content before its nerfed into the ground and someone new goes crazy for no reason at all (illadin? Kael? why did we kill them again?) and we have to stab some guy in the foot over and over for slightly better gear.

Edited by Pokeytehpenguin

Hate WoW, never gave it the time of day because I felt an MMO destroyed the warcraft franchise as it was meant to be a strategy franchise.

I love Star wars because of the great mix of story and MMO aspects and I will keep playing it.

Hate WoW, never gave it the time of day because I felt an MMO destroyed the warcraft franchise as it was meant to be a strategy franchise.

I love Star wars because of the great mix of story and MMO aspects and I will keep playing it.

I was never overly interested in WoW and will NEVER play it.

PANDAS

Nuff said

I've said this multiple times before, but I feel sorry for those people that didn't play WoW in it's glory days. It was an awesome game for it's time. The release of WotLK really brought it in the wrong direction and Cata has left a smoking hole in it's own greatness. Next up is King Fu Panda's. They're definitely aiming for the young market.

I've said this multiple times before, but I feel sorry for those people that didn't play WoW in it's glory days. It was an awesome game for it's time. The release of WotLK really brought it in the wrong direction and Cata has left a smoking hole in it's own greatness. Next up is King Fu Panda's. They're definitely aiming for the young market.

Forgive me for bringing up this as it is a SWTOR forum but WotLK?

As for the panda's as it may need further mocking posts cleearly for it's comedic gold

Next after this they will likley have "Kung Fu Ponies" And it will be the "wings of ponydoriam" And the mystical Ponyiaian race

Forgive me for bringing up this as it is a SWTOR forum but WotLK?

Wrath Of The Lich King. Second Expansion to the game and the one everyone felt started the downward slide. It's in this expansion they began catering wholesale to the playerbase and forum whiners. I think there's a correlation there.

it also set into motion allowing casuals end game loots.

Patronizing, generalizing, over-using of words probably just read out of a thesaurus - yep, this thread has it all :D

Perhaps a more shortened three word post without thought would be more to your liking?

"MMORPG took life"

"Need Shower"

"Recently divorced"

Possibly

All the 40-50 year olds can move along from gaming and stop bothering game developers with nonsense.

And for all the people crying about "WRATH OF THE LICHKING IS A BAD EXPANSION" should try playing at a higher level PVP or PVE for that matter.

Before the Icecrown got its 30%+ stats buff then it was seriously hardcore ****.

And for PVP, World of Warcraft was in the E-SPORTS, which now is lost cause of the imbalance. But the Arena back then was really awesome and balanced to some level.

Edited by Gurkburkenen

All the 40-50 year olds can move along from gaming and stop bothering game developers with nonsense.

We were the driving force for the awesome games of yesteryear. There's a reason all the new FPS games are sequels, and that's because our generation created them and the subsequent generations have no original ideas, and just add to the already established franchises.

So you seriousaly think that the public playing the game decides what the game developers put in their next expansion? Please move along.

In response to this: Yes.

If they make a niche game that only applies to a small portion of the public, only a small portion of that portion will play. There's not a lot of money involved in that and with share holders these days insisting upon 24% profit margins, it's difficult to get funding for niche ideas.

WoW's newest expansion comes from them being bought out and the new owning company telling them: 1 expansion every year. No excuses. So they are going to do this.

In response to this: Yes.

If they make a niche game that only applies to a small portion of the public, only a small portion of that portion will play. There's not a lot of money involved in that and with share holders these days insisting upon 24% profit margins, it's difficult to get funding for niche ideas.

WoW's newest expansion comes from them being bought out and the new owning company telling them: 1 expansion every year. No excuses. So they are going to do this.

And the public doesnt decide what the GAME DEVELOPERS PUT INSIDE THEIR EXPANSIONS.

Really nice psychological profile you painted here, OP.

If I might add, lots of people lost the second part of the genre name. MMO -RPG.

And it doesnt take only stats and levels to turn the game into an RPG. Story, immersion into the game world and such, thats what makes an RPG. And Bioware managed to bring this into a massively multiplayer game, its quite an achievent, imo.