** Grouping and Friends Questions **

Negapao

two friends of mine and i have formed a weekly group.. both of them are Sith Inquisitors and i am a Sith Consular... but whenever we try to go into a Story instance... sometimes we all 3 get different instances.. sometimes the other two are in the same instance and i am alone.. note that at least one of the other two have set the 'can be same class' flag.. is this normal?

some general questions:

(1) can light and dark side characters be friends?

(2) can light and dark side characters group (for planet story, flashpoints, side-missions)?

(3) can someone who is offline be made a friend (this doesn't seem to work for me unless they are on-line)?

(4) to group for a flashpoint.. do we all take it while in group.. or one takes it and shares?

(5) is there a way to make all my characters friends with someone?

the problem with (5) is if two friends want to be 'global' friends.. and they each have 6 characters... then it requires 72 (36 for each player) friendings in order to make it global if it has to be done character-to-character... so is there some 'add legacy to friend list' sort of thing?

PS imagine two players each with 100 characters. it would take 20,000 friendings to make them global friends.. ouch! :)

Edited by Negapao

two friends of mine and i have formed a weekly group.. both of them are Sith Inquisitors and i am a Sith Consular... but whenever we try to go into a Story instance... sometimes we all 3 get different instances.. sometimes the other two are in the same instance and i am alone.. note that at least one of the other two have set the 'can be same class' flag.. is this normal?

some general questions:

(2) can light and dark side characters group (for planet story, flashpoints, side-missions)?

(3) can someone who is offline be made a friend (this doesn't seem to work for me unless they are on-line)?

(4) to group for a flashpoint.. do we all take it while in group.. or one takes it and shares?

the problem with (5) is if two friends want to be 'global' friends.. and they each have 6 characters... then it requires 72 (36 for each player) friendings in order to make it global if it has to be done character-to-character... so is there some 'add legacy to friend list' sort of thing?

PS imagine two players each with 100 characters. it would take 20,000 friendings to make them global friends.. ouch! :)

I'm a bit confused about the first part of your post, since there aren't Sith Consulars in the game but for your other questions:

1. Yes, dark and light aligned characters can be friends, but you can't befriend an Imperial character as a Republican or vice versa.

2. Essentially the same answer, dark and light side aligned characters can play pretty much everything together, though Imps and Pubs can't. The only exception is class story for the same classes (and the later expansion stories), there one player forwards their story the others only can help as spectators. So at some point you might end up doing the same story quests several times for each one of you.

3. You can add characters that aren't online to your friend list, make sure to spell their name correctly and that they are of the same faction.

4. In theory both is possible, walk to the quest giver near the entrance of an FP to get the quest should enable the player doing so to share the quest. In practice though there are FP related story quests or breadcrumb quests that lead you to a conversation or introduction of the story to the FP, being at different stages of those will hinder sharing them. The rest of the group would only get the [FP] quest, not the short story evolving around it.

In the later game sometimes the main story is also told via solo story FPs, just as with class stories those only move forward for one player (the owner of the quest phase) but you can still enter them as a group and help each other.

5. At this time there is no option to befriend a legacy or global friends, only single characters.

To easily stay in contact over several characters without having to befriend hundreds of toons, me and my friends simply use a custom-made chat channel per /create channelname and then /cjoin channelname with every character you want. (To leave it again /cleave channelname) This is server and faction specific but you could just make a channel for each side.

Edited by Khaleijo

I'm a bit confused about the first part of your post, since there aren't Sith Consulars in the game but for your other questions:

1. Yes, dark and light aligned characters can be friends, but you can't befriend an Imperial character as a Republican or vice versa.

thanks!.. what i am confused about is i thought dark = imperial and republic = light.... so it's strange to me to hear light and dark can be friends but imp and rep can't...

in this particular case.. i have a sith inquisitor and my friend has a jedi guardian... can one have a light side sith inquisitor or a dark side jedi guardian?

PS - yeah i meant sith assassin (not consular)... :)

note that i am talking about characters who have just finished their stories and not reached the end game....

Edited by Negapao

Given your later clarification**:

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Anyone who wants the "rewards" for the flashpoint, needs to have the quest, but you don't need to have the quest to be in the group***. But you do need to be the same faction (Republic or Imperial).

5. Not at this time. I would suggest you use some form of Discord channel or similar, to meet up in.

** That is, light = Republic, dark = Imperial.

*** There can be some complications to do with 'dailies' etc, if a person has already done them, or some such.

Edited by JediQuaker

thanks!.. what i am confused about is i thought dark = imperial and republic = light.... so it's strange to me to hear light and dark can be friends but imp and rep can't...

in this particular case.. i have a sith inquisitor and my friend has a jedi guardian... can one have a light side sith inquisitor or a dark side jedi guardian?

PS - yeah i meant sith assassin (not consular)... :)

note that i am talking about characters who have just finished their stories and not reached the end game....

Imperial characters are not necessarily Dark. And Republic characters are not necessarily Light. No matter what faction you are on you will get both Light and Dark options in conversations.

So you can have a Light Sith and a Dark Jedi. But Sith and Jedi can't play together as they are of different factions.

Faction and morality aren't the same thing. Morality doesn't affect who you can play with, but there is no cross-faction game play.