Ping Problems in Game

MaddinGG

Dear support team,

We thank you for taking the time to read this text and to process our request. We write as part of the Tulak Hord Community.

Our concern relates to the currently existing ping problems. We wanted to ask why these problems happen because these ping problems only occur with SWTOR and no other game. Even if someone has a DC while playing, the Teamspeak/Voice chat will work just fine. And the problem sometimes even occurs with players who connect via VPN (the one recommended by support). For a short time it is better for everyone, only to then appear again on an even bigger scale.

We keep hearing from people who have even stopped playing because they "only" had still images and are now using other games because these do not have ping problems.

We would like to know what causes these ping problems and what else can be done there, i.e. what the server operator does and what the support team does to support the affected players.

On behalf of the community of the server Tulak Hord, we thank you for your commitment and the time you took for our case.

We look forward to your constructive feedback.

Best wishes

XThe NewX

Google "Internet Routing" and you can then at least have some idea of what the problem 'could' be, and why it might only affect SWTOR for you.

HINT: The 'route' you take to SWTOR is probably not the same as the route to teamspeak, unless the teamspeak server is also in Ireland.

A few weeks ago, someone posted a trace route with what seemed to be a routing loop between Telekom and Level 3. (The same Telekom IP twice in a row, with a big ping jump, then Level 3). If that's your ISP as well, and it's still not resolved, then a gaming VPN like WTFast or Exitlag might help for the time being, but the ISPs really need to start getting their sh*t together.

For a traceroute press Win+R and type "cmd", and in the command prompt type tracert 159.153.72.252 That info will help either ISP (yours or BW's) to try solve the problem. Best place to post it is the official support site, though. If you pay for a static IP, you might want to hide it when posting the tracert.

Edited by Mubrak

The people on this forum tried to give advice to trace the problem, but BW never ever given any input in this matter. They simply didn't care. It will always be our and our internet provider's problem and never BW's.

Still, the OP claims to speak for many players, and I've actually seen several similar reports from german players in the past weeks. Best those players can do is come together and compare their routing data. Ideally, everyone has the same ISP or the problem always happens at the same router, then we have the culprit.

Who should take action really depends on which end is closer to the problem. When the issue is within the network of the player's ISP, a bunch of angry customers ought to have more leverage than some foreign gaming company.

Edited by Mubrak

Still, the OP claims to speak for many players, and I've actually seen several similar reports from german players in the past weeks. Best those players can do is come together and compare their routing data. Ideally, everyone has the same ISP or the problem always happens at the same router, then we have the culprit.

Who should take action really depends on which end is closer to the problem. When the issue is within the network of the player's ISP, a bunch of angry customers ought to have more leverage than some foreign gaming company.

It had happened twice this week that I along with other 3 ppl were booted from the server at the same time. Once in Satele, once in Malgus. I live on a tiny pacific island, I'm pretty sure the other six people didn't use the same ISP provider.

Despite the forum ppl's help, and some people did post their results (and found out the lagging right after 6.3 might be a US ISP provider's problem?), BW never said anything or trying to provide troubleshooting themselves, even just to say their end is working fine. They remain quiet even when past similar threads are several pages long. They simply don't care. I'll just keep brainwashing myself into believing that my internet provider hates SWTOR (and only SWTOR) so it will stop me from playing it time to time just to annoy me.