The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Master Datacron needs updated... to 75

akdonkey

Why does it "need" to be updated?

Note: I'm not asking why you *want* it to be updated, but that's not what you said. You *said* that it "needs to be" or "should be" updated. Why?

Because Originally it was so you could buy a maxed character. Since they raised the level cap it is not longer maxed. That is why. Yes, you can level characters fast I know. I have 61 Maxed. I once took a toon from start to 65 when that was the cap in 5 hours straight.

masters datacron I think is like that because some people may choose to use it on a character and still do their class story

That is not the reason. You still must do the class story after using the datacron to progress the story. I have used a couple. It was created when the level cap was 70. It needs to be updated.

That is not the reason. You still must do the class story after using the datacron to progress the story.

It is, indeed, not the reason, but you aren't obliged to do / continue the class story. You can use the datacron and then skip directly to the Revan / Emperor arc or even directly to KotFE or JUS.

I have used a couple. It was created when the level cap was 70. It needs to be updated.

They left it as it was before *on*purpose.

Citation: this post by Eric Musco in http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=966102

Hey there,

So there are two things that have level boost components I can cover, the Outlander token and the Master's Datacron. Before I jump into it, just know that this is the current plan and is subject to change.

• Outlander Token - Currently, you can use this token to create a brand new character to either be level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or level 65 at the start of KOTET. In Onslaught, the functionality of the token will partially change. You will now be able to create a new character at level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or at level 70 at the start of Ossus.
  • Master's Datacron - In short, nothing is going to change about the Master's Datacron at the launch of Onslaught. At some point in the future we may add a level 75 version of the Datacron, but nothing is planned near the launch of the expansion.

Thanks!

-eric

It may be that they don't think that enough time has gone by yet, or it might be that they have let this question fall by the wayside, but ultimately, there's no driving need for it to be updated.