Hood up/Hood down option?

SunnyFett

Instead of having to have two different chest pieces for those of us who'd prefer to have our toon's wearing outfits with the hood down; why not just have a 'Hood Up/Hood Down' selection box; similar to the 'Hide Headpiece' and 'Show Dark Side Corruption' options?

Instead of having to have two different chest pieces for those of us who'd prefer to have our toon's wearing outfits with the hood down; why not just have a 'Hood Up/Hood Down' selection box; similar to the 'Hide Headpiece' and 'Show Dark Side Corruption' options?

For the same reason it was rejected before, but times a lot.(1)

Essentially, a "hide hood" option isn't a difficult *concept* - add the new checkbox where needed, and link it to the existing hood-hiding mechanism (that hides on certain helmets and certain species).

An up/down toggle isn't necessarily *difficult* (it might be, depending on ... stuff(2)), but is guaranteed to be very time-consuming because none of the existing hooded chest pieces has the necessary geometry for the hood in the other position, and existing hood-down pieces might not have geometry in the part of the upper back that's hidden by the down hood.

(1) Why "times a lot"? Simply because there are a lot more armour pieces now than in the past. (All the existing ones are still there, even if it's impossible to acquire them, and of course all the new ones are still there as well.)

(2) This is pure speculation. I have no secret source of inner knowledge of the workings of BioWare's hacked-on version of the Hero engine's renderer and object management, but I do have the experience of 32 years(3) as a professional developer that tells me that modifying old large codebases is rarely as simple as one might hope.

(3) That's the age of my *career*. I'm somewhat older than that.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
I wouldn't mind wearing hoods so much if they didn't make me look bald. But it is a bummer to find hooded items that look great on my Twi, Togruta, and Nautolan toons because the hoods are automatically down and they just silly on the others.