Current Content Refresh

MingusPho

These are just my suggestions, but I think these would be good for the game.

1). Cybertech - schematics for more expendable craftables. Grenades are great but here's what else we need. Rocket launchers, turrets (healing, taunting, dps, shield generator), flamethrowers, stealth generator and shield generator belts. These would be expendable devices so players can keep making and using/selling them.

2). GSF revamp - merge class ships with gsf. Add group based pve missions. Redo class ships to support decorations (doesn't have to be the same as strongholds, could be ready made themed interiors). Add way more ships and let us buy and/or collect them. Redo class ships to fit trinity roles to support new group based pve content. Add several pve missions to support this. Add new ship part schematics. Make this a whole component to the game.

3). Add more customization to classes - allow any blaster based class to use all blasters albeit with a penalty based on class. Same for lightsaber classes. Allow ALL classes to use vibroswords, techblades, and techstaffs with at least 3 basic attacks if its not a saberstaff class.

4). Companion revamp - bring back custom animations or give them player animations. What they do now (with few exceptions is quite stale). Add some weekly companion missions for continuing romances or whatever. Allow them to continue reacting to light and darkside choices beyond story content. This could affect your current influence level so you could potentially have to keep giving them gifts. Go on ahead and make all comps able to change outfits. Most companions without this feature seem cheap and get much less use, if any at all.

5). Swoops - forgetting about the event, how about an instanced daily where we can race npcs or a timer along the lines of that one Ziost daily. And please, add proper swoops like the Daggerstar.... There's really a lot more you could do with swoops but I'll spare you.

6). Vendors - Add new items to all the reputation vendors. Add new vendors. There's been more stuff removed from the game than has been added... some people do enjoy going to different locations just to shop when playing games. This needs to be a thing.

I think all of these are do-able based on what I've seen the devs pull off over the years. I also think they would make for a good interim move over the next year, with the exception of the ship stuff. That would probably take a bit longer.

Anyway the game needs something strong to revitalize the current content, then the devs can take as much time as they need to make train strongholds and add taxis to fleet... I was scarred by those additions and I'm fearful of what revisiting planets and older content means on the roadmap.