Pyro merc rotation for pve and pvp?

saperzaper

Im still leveling (only 20) but I'm pure pyro and it's looking like railshot is gonna be the way to go.

30% chance with power shot and 60% chance with Unload to instantly refresh rail and next one is free. So I'm thinking railshot, unload, railshot (if proc), powershot (if no proc), railshot.

Boost everything to make mobs take more damage on fire and chances to make things burn.

Thats only looking at the skill tree though, I don't know what base skills we get as 20 is the highest I've gotten.

Im still leveling (only 20) but I'm pure pyro and it's looking like railshot is gonna be the way to go.

30% chance with power shot and 60% chance with Unload to instantly refresh rail and next one is free. So I'm thinking railshot, unload, railshot (if proc), powershot (if no proc), railshot.

Boost everything to make mobs take more damage on fire and chances to make things burn.

Thats only looking at the skill tree though, I don't know what base skills we get as 20 is the highest I've gotten.

Incendiary Missile? With the 30% + crit damage for periodic it can do some nice damage. Also add Thermal Detonator after 40.

I was thinking more like Incendiary Missile, Rail shot, Unload, (Rail Shot) or Powershot, (Rail Shot) or Powershot. Mix in Thermal Detonator and Rapid Shots.

Basically alternate with Rail Shot if its up or Powershot. If heat is and issue use your base Rapid shot. After 12+ seconds throw out another Unload then refresh Incendiary Missile.

Edited by Brakner

I just hit 20 and I'm still kind of confused by what abilities are worth keeping on my bars.

Situationally I like using Explosive Dart like for packs and there are awkward times when everything is on cooldown and I'm low on heat so I go hunting for a button -any button- to press to fill the time and it just doesn't feel smooth. It's not clear what I should be using when or what the priorities are. Maybe it's just the Pyro spec is in an awkward state at such a low level (or there's something I'm just not getting)

Then there are abilities that sound good but are never/rarely mentioned. Fusion Missile for instance seems like it would fit the spec but with such high heat and cast time... is there ever a good time to use it?

I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of abilities available and sometimes just end up mashing keys until stuff dies. It works but it feels so sloppy.

Then there are abilities that sound good but are never/rarely mentioned. Fusion Missile for instance seems like it would fit the spec but with such high heat and cast time... is there ever a good time to use it?

I use Fusion missile as an opener. With the cast time, long cooldown, good AOE damage, it's great for an opening shot.

Still working on my rotations, but here's an opening sequence that i like:

Fusion missile>Explosive dart>Electro dart>Rail shot>unload

Can sub Sweeping blasters for unload if the weaklings still have life.