The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rework/Remodel 'Havoc Squad Armour Set'

Aswark

I think I'm not the only one who want's their Havoc Sqaud trooper to look the part and the Havoc Sqaud Armour Set is a great piece of imersion from it's name to it's impotance in SWTOR lore. However, I think a lot of people would agree with me when I say; after looking at it, buying it and wearing it,... there are some problems with it. To beginn with it's backpack is odly big and looks out of place especially on smaller size characters. Next there is the fact that the triangulare "plate" on the troopers chest is also too big and can look almost ridiculous on a tall character. And last but not least, the helmet. The helmet is is weirdly shaped form the inward shaped front to the odly slim viser not to mention it's very slim when looking at it from the front. I just want to clarify that I'm not saying that it's a bad Cartel Market Item/Armour Set, in fact it's a very enjoyable set of gear that I wear on my trooper from time to time. All I'm saying is that these small details are sometimes taking me out of the game because I always remember the Havoc Sqaud Armour we saw in the 'Hope Trailer'/'Return Trailer' for SWTOR. I know that there are more pressing matters the Devs need to work on but, it would be highly appreciated if small things like this are fixed after all many players played real money to put their character/companion in a shiny, iconic set of armour.

TL;DR: Please make the 'Havoc Squad Armour Set' look more like we see in the 'Hope Trailer'/'Return Trailer'

Edited by Aswark
  • Like 1

It's unlikely to happen as an update to the existing set. They have a policy of preferring to leave existing released CM items alone where possible unless they are actually *buggy* because there's bound to be *someone* who likes it the way it is and will be upset by the change.

That's not to say that your suggestion is a bad one(1), just that it's unlikely to happen the way you suggest.

(1) Big bulky backpacks on Trooper armour are pretty much universally a bad idea because both Commandos and Vanguards use back-carry weapons that are liable to clip like fury.

First of all thank you for your reply, you make some very good points about people already liking it the way it is and about Bioware's policy not to change existing Cartel Market items. I see how I overlooked those things, so, I make a new suggestion. As we have seen in the 'Malgus Reborn Armour Set' Bioware is not above putting alternative head gear in one bundle of armour, so how about making a compromise, leaving everything as it is and just adding an alternative helmet to the existing set. I know that it's something pretty petty to complain about.Yet I still have hopes of my ideas being heard and answered. Once again thank you for reading my post and replying,

I wish you a nice day :)

Edited by Aswark

First of all thank you for your reply, you make some very good points about people already liking it the way it is and about Bioware's policy not to change existing Cartel Market items. I see how I overlooked those things, so, I make a new suggestion. As we have seen in the 'Malgus Reborn Armour Set' Bioware is not above putting alternative head gear in one bundle of armour, so how about making a compromise, leaving everything as it is and just adding an alternative helmet to the existing set. I know that it's something pretty petty to complain about.Yet I still have hopes of my ideas being heard and answered. Once again thank you for reading my post and replying,

I wish you a nice day :)

That would work well, although in fact the Malgus Reborn set is not the first "with choices" set. The first was the Resort Swimwear set with two chest pieces, one with a cape and one without.

• 2 weeks later...
It's unlikely to happen as an update to the existing set. They have a policy of preferring to leave existing released CM items alone where possible unless they are actually *buggy* because there's bound to be *someone* who likes it the way it is and will be upset by the change.

That's not to say that your suggestion is a bad one(1), just that it's unlikely to happen the way you suggest.

(1) Big bulky backpacks on Trooper armour are pretty much universally a bad idea because both Commandos and Vanguards use back-carry weapons that are liable to clip like fury.

Well in that kind of configuration, a rifle could be carried on one shoulder, but it's not very stable. That would better justify the "straight down" stowed position though. This still wouldn't work for assault cannons and sniper rifles though.