Current Meta

Atheanas

But why tho :c that's my main

In the past, sorc has had a relatively lower hps output (compared to operative and merc), but has made up for it in its utilities (best compared to the other two healing specs), group tools (again the best), good burst healing, and relatively high survivability (second only to merc).

In 6.0, sorc healing hps output is at an all time low. Its utility, group tools, and survivability are still good, but with very little healing it is just overcome by an overwhelming amount of damage. Both burst and cleave damage.

TLDR: sorc healing can no longer keep up with damage.

In the past, sorc has had a relatively lower hps output (compared to operative and merc), but has made up for it in its utilities (best compared to the other two healing specs), group tools (again the best), good burst healing, and relatively high survivability (second only to merc).

In 6.0, sorc healing hps output is at an all time low. Its utility, group tools, and survivability are still good, but with very little healing it is just overcome by an overwhelming amount of damage. Both burst and cleave damage.

TLDR: sorc healing can no longer keep up with damage.

Oh ok ty

I'm not sure about 4v4. But i feel offended people think merc is bottom 3 DPS. i'm regularly doing 13k +dps in 8v8 as innovative ordnance.

sure I.O requires more skill and management than arsenal, but the dot spread with supercharged gas tactical is destructive if left alone. :eek:https://imgur.com/bappJUo

Edited by -Ashton-

I'm not sure about 4v4. But i feel offended people think merc is bottom 3 DPS. i'm regularly doing 13k +dps in 8v8 as innovative ordnance.

sure I.O requires more skill and management than arsenal, but the dot spread with supercharged gas tactical is destructive if left alone. :eek:https://imgur.com/bappJUo

you're completely right that IO does not get the credit it deserves. Like you have mentioned, its cleave damage is significant. Even it's burst damage is not bad. However, its group tools and utility are non existent (other than net), its survivibility and ability to not be shut down (while better than arsenal) is still bad by other class standards.

you're completely right that IO does not get the credit it deserves. Like you have mentioned, its cleave damage is significant. Even it's burst damage is not bad. However, its group tools and utility are non existent (other than net), its survivibility and ability to not be shut down (while better than arsenal) is still bad by other class standards.

I agree, but just to add to this i find the thing i like least about it is its ability to target swap quickly and effectively, which i find myself doing a lot in regs. It takes too long to ramp up the pressure and having to use high resource skills on multiple target kills the heat too quickly. If they clump youre a god, but then if they are doing that they are being a little dumb to begin with :)

That having been said i prefer it in PvE by a mile, no questions asked. The only reason i use arsenal in FPs and such is that its still far too much a pain in the *** to swap specs in SWTOR.

• 3 months later...
Sorry if this is dumb, but I'm new to the game. I thought the classes were mirror classes, meaning operative would be the same as scoundrel. What am I missing here when everyone is saying Operative is so OP, but no mention of smuggler?

Sorry if this is dumb, but I'm new to the game. I thought the classes were mirror classes, meaning operative would be the same as scoundrel. What am I missing here when everyone is saying Operative is so OP, but no mention of smuggler?

Because more people play imp side, so the default is to refer to classes by imp names. Operative and scoundrel are interchangeable names.

Like Kendra explained! Like you mentioned, they are mirrors so people use only one name to simplify and seeing Imp side is generally the more popular, when players write about the classes they typically will explain it as Op versus Smuggler, Scoundrel, etc.

Besides, "Op" is so much easier to say and write, it also looks and sounds better in the meme "#NerfOps" compared to NerfSmuggler" or "NerfScoundrel." :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.