Allow characters to be a decoration

undies

As title states, we put a lot of effort into styling our characters and a lot of us by now have quite a few characters.

It would be really cool to be able to use characters as decorations, just as companions.

As title states, we put a lot of effort into styling our characters and a lot of us by now have quite a few characters.

It would be really cool to be able to use characters as decorations, just as companions.

Been asked loads of times, and is still a good idea. No idea if it would be hard to do, but would love it :)

Been asked loads of times, and is still a good idea. No idea if it would be hard to do, but would love it :)

On an "as seen from the outside" basis, there are a few unanswered questions:

* How intensively would it track changes in the appearance of the character? Examples:

* * If I change a character's look (gear, Appearance Designer kiosk, etc.), does a visitor who's there at the same time as me see it change immediately?

* * Same but if I'm not in the stronghold?

* * Does it change the decoration if I change my active outfit slot?

* What if I delete the character? What happens to the decoration?

* Does it track my currently logged-in character or the character that placed it or another character that I choose somehow when I place it(1)?

* If it tracks my currently logged-in character, what does a visitor see if I log out?

The answers to these questions have a strong influence on how easy or difficult it would be to build. Some of them could have ... unpleasant ... effects on performance.

(1) The game clearly is capable of loading your complete list of characters including their appearance and other information while you are logged in - just look at the Family Tree page of the Legacy Panel.

* If it tracks my currently logged-in character, what does a visitor see if I log out?

Probably a hologram, like companions when you summon them.

Would love to see this as the legacy tree can show alts as being related so this would allow them to actually be in the same place at the same time for once as if they interact.