dart hexid

Reaperortes

so i noticed someone running around with this companion and i did some research in how to obtain her as a companion, which requires flashpoints and stuff.

is the achievement that grants her no longer achievable? because i did a few flash points and the 12 i already before didnt get counted.

There have been two *different* ways to unlock Darth Hexid:

* When she was first available, there was a limited time where you had to run *either* three random flashpoints *or* three warzones (PvP).

* After that, it became a single achievement called "With A Little Help From My Friends" which involves running a total of *forty* group activities (flashpoints, uprisings, operations, warzones, or Galactic Starfighter). That achievement is still available.

https://i.imgur.com/n7Kk8WF.jpg shows where to find the achievement - it got moved somewhere along the way, but this is its current location.

There have been two *different* ways to unlock Darth Hexid:

* When she was first available, there was a limited time where you had to run *either* three random flashpoints *or* three warzones (PvP).

* After that, it became a single achievement called "With A Little Help From My Friends" which involves running a total of *forty* group activities (flashpoints, uprisings, operations, warzones, or Galactic Starfighter). That achievement is still available.

https://i.imgur.com/n7Kk8WF.jpg shows where to find the achievement - it got moved somewhere along the way, but this is its current location.

is she any good as a companion?

is she any good as a companion?

In theory, all companions are about the same, although there are some unavoidable practical differences in combat between melee companions and ranged companions, especially against foes with short-range AoE abilities.

In practice, however, because of bugs they aren't all the same, but I believe that Hexid is unremarkable, neither especially bad nor especially good.

In anything to do with crafting, there is totally no difference except for the droid and beast companions that you get from the Cartel Market - they cannot do crew skills *at*all*.

In theory, all companions are about the same, although there are some unavoidable practical differences in combat between melee companions and ranged companions, especially against foes with short-range AoE abilities.

In practice, however, because of bugs they aren't all the same, but I believe that Hexid is unremarkable, neither especially bad nor especially good.

In anything to do with crafting, there is totally no difference except for the droid and beast companions that you get from the Cartel Market - they cannot do crew skills *at*all*.

This is spot on.

There's nothing special about her. I have her maxed out on influence on one of my healers and her DPS is nothing more than average, and because she's melee, it takes her time to run into the fray. Unless someone wants her for cosmetic reasons, which is understandable, she's not worth maxing out the influence on.

Edited by Pirana

i also have another question:

does the progress for the quest to get darth hexid stay the same for all characters or do you have to start over?

because im currently sitting at 27 warzone completions and all of that progress is on my jedi counselor whos only level 60

does the progress for the quest to get darth hexid stay the same for all characters or do you have to start over?

because im currently sitting at 27 warzone completions and all of that progress is on my jedi counselor whos only level 60

It's a legacy achievement, so it counts for all your characters.

It's a legacy achievement, so it counts for all your characters.

All SWTOR achievements are legacy-wide, in fact, unlike e.g. ESO, WoW, etc. where some, especially e.g. "complete N quests", achievements are per-character.

OP: any character on that server can contribute to the achievement, and once it is done, all existing and all new characters will receive an "early-grant" token in the mail.

People need to really stop spreading this myth that 'all companions are about the same'. There were differences before Onslaught but Onslaught seriously broke some of them with the one-size-fits-all overhaul. The beast comps in particular are now pure trash at healing. HK-51 is a notoriously horrific tank, and was so before Onslaught. Z0-0M is better at heals than a lot of them, just like Shae is without question the best DPS. I can only assume people who say they're basically 'all the same' don't solo harder content.

I completed achievement on my Sith Assassin, and did not have an item in the mail for my Trooper, but the unlock for all option was only 10 CC, so very easy to handle

All SWTOR achievements are legacy-wide, in fact, unlike e.g. ESO, WoW, etc. where some, especially e.g. "complete N quests", achievements are per-character.

There are still a few achievements left that are only unlocked for the character that earned them, the best example being specific character titles.

Edited by Phazonfreak

There are still a few achievements left that are only unlocked for the character that earned them, the best example being specific character titles.

You mean titles like "Captain" or "Barsen'thor" or "Darth"? Those are given for completing the relevant part of the story, not for the achievement of the *first* completion.

And If you're thinking of something else, what is it?

People need to really stop spreading this myth that 'all companions are about the same'. There were differences before Onslaught but Onslaught seriously broke some of them with the one-size-fits-all overhaul. The beast comps in particular are now pure trash at healing. HK-51 is a notoriously horrific tank, and was so before Onslaught. Z0-0M is better at heals than a lot of them, just like Shae is without question the best DPS. I can only assume people who say they're basically 'all the same' don't solo harder content.

They are *supposed* to be about the same. Bugs mean that they aren't. The myth, then would be that these bugs aren't there.

Alternatively, read my post more carefully. I described the sameness as theoretical, and pointed out that there are bugs that mean that in practice they are not all about the same.