The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Exspansions and game time

Boootz

Question is, why one want to pay for expansion when thy can just sub once and have access to them all. Kinda agree with game time to be in cartel market to easier resub etc.

They are unlikely to put sub time tokens in the CM because anything in the CM has to be treated as "given away for free".

Yes, of course, you have to pay *using* Cartel Coins, but Cartel Coins are essentially free. I've bought lots of things on the CM(1) recently, and the last time I paid money for Cartel Coins was more than six months ago. (And no, even the biggest block of CCs you can buy doesn't last six months if you buy stuff.)

(1) No, I don't mean "lots of CM things on the GTN". I mean "lots of CM things on the CM".

Would be nice to see the expansions and game time sold on the cartel market. It would give the FTP or preferred players the chance to continue on with the story or stay subbed.

When you sub, you get access to the expansions. So you just need to sub for a month.

Since you earn CC for subbing, (500/600 per month) it wouldn't make sense (for them) to allow you to buy sub time with CC, unless they made it very expensive, like 1500 CC, which would cost more than the sub.

And it definitely wouldn't make economical sense to sell sub time for credits.

I really don't see the difference between selling sub time for $15/month versus selling a one month sub token for say, 1200-1500 CC.

And, no, they're not going to put sub time tokens on the CM for 100 CC. 🙄