The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling as a power tech

Kyuubil

What spec should I use? I intend to tank in the end game, but.. that's quite smoe distance off.. I"m just trying to ind a build that burns through mobs effectively and quickly, I've read the forums, some people say AP is amazing, others say it's lacklustre compared to Pyro.. so.. just curious what people are using? (currently fighting the urge to reroll merc/arsenal for the aoe spam >_>)

Leveling in shield spec is nice and easy with Mako, you can take +1 or +2 lv elites without using most of your OMG buttons and medpacks. But sometimes things go terribly wrong and you will have some really unpleasant encounters where your armour melts as butter and your damage is not enough.

You will have one class mission when you will not have Mako on your side, you will have fat ugly useless psychopath instead, (I really hate this guy, :mad:) better not to try this mission if it +1 or +2 for you.

Edited by Urukkhan

Leveling in shield spec is nice and easy with Mako, you can take +1 or +2 lv elites without using most of your OMG buttons and medpacks. But sometimes things go terribly wrong and you will have some really unpleasant encounters where your armour melts as butter and your damage is not enough

or you will not have Mako in your side, you will have ugly useless psychopath instead, (I really hate this guy, :mad:)

I dislike him too. He's the Bounty Hunter's Jayne Cobb, but without any of the charm.

Leveling in shield spec is nice and easy with Mako, you can take +1 or +2 lv elites without using most of your OMG buttons and medpacks. But sometimes things go terribly wrong and you will have some really unpleasant encounters where your armour melts as butter and your damage is not enough.

You will have one class mission when you will not have Mako on your side, you will have fat ugly useless psychopath instead, (I really hate this guy, :mad:) better not to try this mission if it +1 or +2 for you.

Took me a wipe to figure out how to do that quest as well. However I realized that the imperials help you out as well.