The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Species Skins

This way, extreme clipping in cutscenes is our own fault

It would be our own fault even if it wasn't skins, but it isn't just clipping that's problematic. The "altitude" of some cutscenes is fixed by things that aren't just the *shape* of the character, but also other things.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/YD78bw9.jpg is driven entirely by the altitude of the character's head, so shouldn't be a problem from the point of view of height. It might be a problem for Ithorians because their heads are very long, or for Ongree because their heads are (a) upside down and (b) very tall.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/CayysIL.jpg could pose a problem for Ithorians because I don't know if there's enough room for the length of their heads. It might also be stressful for Rodians because they are shorter still than BT2 females (the character in the image is a BT2 female, and BT2F is the least-tall body type). Jawas, Ewoks, Ortolans(0) or TTYITNKWIICs(1) would be a complete disaster on this one.

There's also the problem of where the player character walks or stands behind e.g. a desk during a cutscene. That would look ... unfortunate ... on a megashort species.

None of that says it can't be done, just that the fallout from it would be more widespread than you were suggesting.

(0) The blue elephant-headed guys you meet on Hoth.

(1) Thing That Yoda Is That Nobody Knows What It Is Called, although there are other reasons why they won't happen.

If we can't have more outlandish playable races due to cutscenes, could we get them as skins?

This way, extreme clipping in cutscenes is our own fault - and hey, i'm sure plenty of money to be made.

I'd love playable Trandoshans, but i'd accept a skin to be one as well

^I'm content as long as we, at least, get more races in companion form. We recently got a Rodian companion; can see a Kel Dor companion coming out sometime, although my vote is for a Yoda race comp. Tweaking human to the races that are basically human with different skin is fine, just want to see more EU stuff for races and companions, aside from Yoda.

Edited by Willjb

I say let us play all the races and just shrink or expand or stand on a table or whatever during cut scenes, just make em fit. But without that going down costume skins like the trooper dancer and wookie costume decos but more permanent would be great.