The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

If I get light points.. do they cancel out dark points?

JonnyFreedom

Technically speaking can I have 10000 light and 10000 dark? How does that work exactly?

EDIT:

Well I suppose my question is if I do 10000 dark first and then 20000 light... Can I use Dark and Light items? Suppose I should have said that up front.

Edited by JonnyFreedom

You can then use Light items because your total is +10000 Light.

You'll be able to use Dark items after running up that 10000 Dark, but when you do 10000 Light, you'll be at zero and lose the ability to use those Dark items, and then over the next 10000 you can use Light items.

Well I suppose my question is if I do 10000 dark first and then 20000 light... Can I use Dark and Light items? Suppose I should have said that up front.

No because you would have 10000 points to the LS. The first 10000 of each would cancel each other out.

Let say you have 10000 DP at first so you can equip dark weapon which requires that amount of DP to equip etc but after you gain 20000 LP it will cancelled off all your DP meaning in the end you are 10000 LP. At the point you can only equip Light side weapon instead of dark side weapon.

ie: -10000 DP + 20000 LP = 10000 LP (lol hope this helps DP and LP will cancelled out each other)

Edited by Ringwraiths

Let say you have 10000 DP at first so you can equip dark weapon which requires that amount of DP to equip etc but after you gain 20000 LP it will cancelled off all your DP meaning in the end you are 10000 LP. At the point you can only equip Light side weapon instead of dark side weapon.

ie: -10000 DP + 20000 LP = 10000 LP (lol hope this helps DP and LP will cancelled out each other)

Well thats a bummer. I was hoping to do it like the Revanites! I went Dark and converted to light and get to use both! That stinks.

Would there be any other purpose to go 10000 each way? On my level 50 I am 100 light + 10000 dark. Or is it just numbers to be had?

So far, going 10000 both ways is *exactly* the same as going 0 both ways. Only the sum of the two counts, the separate two figures don't count for anything.

That may change though as they seem to be considering some sort of gray/neutral gear. But that only seems to be in design phases so far. Could be years or never until we see that.

For right now, there's no benefit in +10000/-10000 versus +0/-0