Mobs retroactively leaping/stunning AFTER being CC'd

CC seems to be broken for certain mobs that can leap like the Jump Jet Recon Elite mobs in the Heroic area "Mezenti Spaceport - Overlook" in Nar Shaddaa. It kind of defeats the purpose of being able to CC a mob if it still leaps to you and stuns/snares you before finally being CC'd. This makes it difficult to split up mobs since the only logical mob to CC in a pack is the Elite mob so you can kill the two lesser mobs before CC expires. It doesn't work so well in a different order.

I don't know if this is consistent with all CC abilities but with my BH ability it has a 2 second cast time and the mobs engage before even being hit with the projectile which allows them to get off an ability before being affected by CC. Is this intended?

I have a lot of similar problems. Using Force Stasis on many mobs will see them bouncing up (where it's supposed to be) and down (attacking me, where it's not supposed to be). It's really frustrating. If I Force Push someone, they often get a final parting shot or tick of a channeled ability at me before the Push takes effect.