The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Most useful crew skills for PT shield?

oldweasel

Liking the sound of PT shield and was wondering what crew skills folks are finding most useful. I can see huge benefits for armormech, biochem, and cybertech.

Based on using Mako / Torian as my companions, are there any that stand out for a mostly solo player (at least till later levels)?

Synthweaving makes armor for Force Users.

Artiface makes weaponry and offhands for Force Users.

None of your crew are Force Users.

Everything else is viable in one form or fashion. I'll sum them up.

Armstech - Makes weapons for you and your entire crew. Makes mods/barrels for weapons. Makes Electrostaves, which is nice because Torian uses them and getting one can be a bit of a pain in the *** sometimes.

Armormech - Makes medium and heavy armor for non-Force Users. You can outfit your entire crew with this skill. Med with Cunning for Torian and Mako and Heavy with Aim for everyone else (actually I'm not sure what Skadge uses, he might actually need Str armor. I don't use skadge anyway. Screw him).

Biochem - Makes consumables. Med Packs, Buff stims, Adrenals. Also makes Implants which can kind of be a pain to get a hold of for you and your crew. All of the consumables can be Research and Developed to blue (which is nicer but kind of a waste of mats) or Epic (which are reusable and never consumed. Very very nice).

Cybertech - Makes Armoring and Enhancements for you and your crew. Is pretty lousy early on when you don't have hardly any equipment with slots available for said modifications. Later on this allows you to dress yourself and your crew up any way you want and play pretty pretty princess. That sounds condescending, but having yourself and your Mako/Torian not look like mismatched *******es or to stick with a certain style is actually really nice. Cybertech also makes consumable grenades which can do damage, stun, snare, etc.

You get one of those and then 2 other professions which have to be either Gathering professions or Mission professions. They're designed to support specific trade skills. I'm not going to get in to Gathering/Mission skills here. For more information, talk to all the crew skill trainers then consult your codex for more information (open quest log, hit the codex tab at the bottom and look at crew skills. The information written is actually very informative).

Edited by chainsawsamurai