just another returning player begging for help.

tacoknite

i haven't played in forever, left well before rise of the hutt cartel. So, with all the star wars stuff going on , i got the itch. I can't believe how much the game grew! Sucks i missed so much. Anyways, I subbed and logged in have a free boost plus my characters.I did the boost and somehow i saved the galaxy and one of my companions showed up and started telling me a story, and i shut the game down real quick because i feel like way to much has happened and i want to do the story, so i shelved the 70 until i figure the game out again.

I have a 50 sin, 50 marauder, and severl 20-30 characters. I was a pretty heavy pvp'er and both my characters are in champion gear.So, with the back story out of the way, on to my questions.

IS there an old person, easy to read guide on progression through the stories? A simple, way to gear up? I am assuming gear is mostly made up of mods still and the actually gear doesn't matte as much as the mods.

crew skills. I am obviously behind, back when i played i just ran slicing on every character i had . Are there any that are worthwhile? Are they useful at all?

im really looking to ease back in but it's so overwhelming, i find myself hiding on my ship and just staring at my screen a lot, because i don't know if i should be re-rolling or picking up where i left off with one of my 50's.

pvp, is it mostly just this 4v4? i really enjoyed warzones and it was my priority but im in q forever and then i end up in a 4v4 where the teams are often not full.

everything i do is giving me some sort of points, conquest, etc.. What do conquest points do?

i collected about half the datacrons back in the day. Are they still worth collecting?

if i were going to pvp alot pve little, which class is the ideal to run? My sin, marauder, 30jugg?

are guild ships as cool as im hoping? is housing as cool as im hoping? I last had a star wars house in swg....:eek:

any tips, suggestions, links to guides, videos, twitch streamers, youtube channels, etc.. would be so very much appreciated.

I am assuming gear is mostly made up of mods still and the actually gear doesn't matte as much as the mods.

These days there are "bonus sets" that have a bonus tied to the number of set pieces you are wearing. The bonus is tied to the armor shells, so eventually, (level 75) you will want a (PvP?) bonus set.

Until then the basic idea nowadays is to have "base" armor that you swap mods and pieces of while you level up. You use a separate "outfit(s)" for looks.

crew skills. I am obviously behind, back when i played i just ran slicing on every character i had . Are there any that are worthwhile? Are they useful at all?

As you probably know, crew skills are mainly used for crafting. Whether or not crafting is useful to you is an individual thing. I mostly just craft augments these days.

If you don't intend to craft I suggest you keep Slicing at least. You can gather credits and schematics from slicing nodes.

Best of all, take Slicing, Archeology, and Scavenging. These will help with various things like activating elevators, opening doors, etc, during Flashpoints - you'll want to do FPs for the XP etc.

im really looking to ease back in but it's so overwhelming, i find myself hiding on my ship and just staring at my screen a lot, because i don't know if i should be re-rolling or picking up where i left off with one of my 50's.

Overall, my advice would be to roll a new character in order to ease into things. The leveling process is relatively quick these days, and you can always go back to your old characters any time.

everything i do is giving me some sort of points, conquest, etc.. What do conquest points do?

I've been playing this game for years, but I still don't really know the deal with Conquest. 😌

i collected about half the datacrons back in the day. Are they still worth collecting?

They still give the bonuses. But mostly, given the relatively small stat boost, they're mostly just something to do if you enjoy it, imho.

:rak_02:are guild ships as cool as im hoping? is housing as cool as im hoping?

Guild ships would depend a lot upon how active the Guild is and how often they use it.

Housing (Strongholds) and decorating, is one of my favourite aspects of the game. There are a number of Strongholds available, and a new Alderaan one on the way. Travel to the Strongholds section of the fleet and check them out. There are always "open" or "public" SHs you can visit to have a look around at the layout.

Note: Coruscant and DK are faction specific, but the rest are neutral.

Edited by JediQuaker

One important change about stat-point datacrons is that they are per-legacy, not per-character. Any that you have already collected on at least one character will give their stat points to all your characters, even on the other faction.

And with the change from one mainstat per class (Aim / Cunning / Willpower / Strength) to just one (Mastery), all the old mainstat datacrons are now Mastery datacrons, so you get (relatively speaking) a *lot* of bonus Mastery points, far more than you'd ever have gotten for any character's mainstat before that change.