Shadow or sent

ScottGrim

Hi everyone, I'm recently returning to the game and I'm looking for a good melee burst class. I used to play vanguard tactics but have heard alot of negative reviews about it.

Anyways I'm looking at the shadow and sentinel for burst dps what are your thoughts between those classes.

If what you are looking for is to do a great deal of damage, I recommend the sentinel, it is like a berserk, a lot of damage and it is fast, but unfortunately that is where the problem is, in terms of defense it is mediocre unless you know how to use it, something that I never managed to learn. On the other hand, the shadow is more versatile, with more variety, and it has certain abilities that can seem like a cheat because it allows you to avoid certain attacks very easily, which gives you a much more decent defense than the sentinel, but in terms of speed , aggressiveness and damage, does not compare with the sentinel at all. My recommendation is that you use in the shadow, it is easier to master, but as with everything, it is better that you try the 2 and draw your own conclusions, or simply use the one that catches your attention

I have the Sith counterparts to both at max level and both are great choices imho. My biggest gripe with Shadow is that I only like 1 of their DPS specs while Sent has fantastic choices for all three which are varied and fun. If I could only pick one though, it would be Shadow simply because of the tanking option. Once you get comfortable and get used to setting the pace, it can be frustrating at times being forced to go at another tank's pace. I also just absolutely love that one DPS spec that I do like and could play it all day and not get bored. Also personally, I really dislike Shadow's animations (that is Shadow specific btw, I love the Assassin ones) so out of those personal two, I'd go Sent for that reason alone, dual wielding always looks super cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Pick whichever you like and play it ( if DPS is the only consideration). I do not believe there is any BIG difference in the DPS output of the two classes. So that basically leaves play-style and aesthetics.

You can be a tank if you go shadow and that will help a lot with getting Queue pops when you trying to complete your weekly FPS and Conquest.

Sentinel is dual wielding and has more survivabiity than Shadow.