The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Decorations: New personnel to replace the vendors.

Mubrak

That flashy blinking icon over vendor decorations restricts them to being a vendor somewhere in a corner that is mainly for player convenience.

I use a lot of Jawas as patrons in my cantinas, Felusia Stato serves as a receptionist in my Sith academy, is a captive in my Bounty hunter's hideout, and has several appearances as a patron in my cantinas. For all these the vendor functionality was just a convenience for me as a player. Now that it's their main theme, I need to replace them where I don't want to be distracted by flashy icons that don't even go away when I turn off the UI.

So make a common folks package with a couple of Human, Jawa, Chagrian and Cathar civilians replacing the vendors, better even add some variation, like males and females and Ugnaughts and Ortolans for the small folks. Also add some droids to replace the med bay and decoration vendor droids.

And price it reasonably. After all, you restricted the functionality of the vendor personnel (some of them were quite expensive...) with a gaudy UI element nobody asked for.

Edited by Mubrak

And price it reasonably. After all, you restricted the functionality of the vendor personnel (some of them were quite expensive...) with a gaudy UI element nobody asked for.

Summary: It's a good request, although the reasoning presented is flawed.

They did not restrict the functionality. Believe it or not, the presence of the doodad over their heads does not affect their ability to be vendors.

What they restricted is the *desirability* of these NPCs when you use them for things outside their functionality. They are vendors, and if you use them as decorative elements, you will always have oddities because even without the symbol, they still have nameplates, unlike most other decorations.

However, because of the nameplates, and above all the vendor indicator, the request to add a pack of assorted ordinary folks and fancy-looking droids (take a good look at the prefab vendor droids some time) is a good one.

I'd love to see an option to turn off display of overhead icons on all vendors, stronghold or otherwise. Something in my personal settings, so everyone else can see whatever they want to.

We could use a number of new Vendor personnel in strongholds.

A vendor with standard craft supplies would be my favorite.

I'd also like to see them finally release the Heroic mission terminal.