The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Perfect Green Crystal

BelorfinSiana

I hate to beat a dead horse, or sound ungrateful for Desert Green. I appreciate the thought, but the more I look at it, the less I like it. As we all know by now, the core game's basic green crystal looks terrible because there's this yellow blob interfering with the green. The basic blue and basic red are pretty much spot-on with the prequels, so I don't know why green is so difficult to nail down.

The best options appear to be Green Core, Desert Green, and Mint Green, but none are quite right. As the name implies, Mint substitutes a bluish shade instead of the rich green color. In certain lighting's it's actually pretty good. Other times, its flaw comes to light. Desert Green is supposedly based on Return of the Jedi, right? Well, this crystal actually has two problems. Its core is too wide, to the point that the white core overtakes the green color. Second, the Desert Green's shade is a little too bright. Finally, we come to Green Core. It's almost perfect! In some light, the core actually looks whitish. You can see a glimpse of what the perfect green lightsaber would look like. I don't have a Viridian Corona crystal, but online, it looks to be exactly the same as Green Core. I can't tell the difference.

I made an amateurish little edit of the Green Core crystal here. I didn't mean to make the blade look so thin. Oops. But I did this to give you an idea of the color I'm looking for. See how white the Desert Green is? Too much. But I don't want the core to be green or yellow either.

t1iIKnY.jpg

This is important to me because I've always preferred green lightsabers for Jedi Masters as opposed to blue. But in this game, I've been struggling for a long time to find the right crystal.

Edited by BelorfinSiana

Well, my subscription runs out in just a few days, so it might be several months, maybe longer, before I can post on the forums again. In the mean time, I hope you'll consider this and my other threads, titled:

Blaster Pistols and Assault Cannons that use the standard E-11 Stormtrooper Rifle SFX

More Tan Dyes