The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

@lvl 50 pvp gear: tank or dps? spec: assault or shield?

Zergxiu

hitting 50 in a few moments and im a bit unsure of what to do gear wise and spec wise

Tactics is the most played dps spec from what i hear but for me the least appealing gamestyle.

Assault, really interesting for me, but kinda losing out on guarding a healer

And shield spec, kinda cool but just find assault cooler.

Now wondering if i go with tank pvp gear or with dps pvp gear.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Zergxiu

If you're unsure of your spec, the DPS gear is probably more versatile, especially as it can be used for Tactics or Assault. Moreover, the tank gear has a set bonus that benefits the 31-point Shield talent, so picking up the tank gear sort of locks you into taking Energy Blast, whereas none of the abilities modified by the DPS set are from a talent tree.

If you're unsure of your spec, the DPS gear is probably more versatile, especially as it can be used for Tactics or Assault. Moreover, the tank gear has a set bonus that benefits the 31-point Shield talent, so picking up the tank gear sort of locks you into taking Energy Blast, whereas none of the abilities modified by the DPS set are from a talent tree.

thanks for the tips :)

It all depends on you're style. I hit 50 last week and I leveled 10-50 as shield spec and I was pretty darn good with it. But like you I felt I could probably have more fun with a DPS spec but was worried about the whole losing Ion Cell and guard thing.

Needless to say I took the chance and switched from my very well known shield spec abd went to assault and I loved it immediately. Even in 100% tank gear I did 260k damage 37 kills and 2 deaths. I was also worried about not getting my easy to get tank medals but I found myself with 8 medals all from just shooting up the enemy.

In my opinion assault spec is awesome and not a lot of people play it yet so I feel like I'm my own special class in warzones. The imps are used to seeing a vanguard and saying o another tank, then all of a sudden assault plastique and high impact bolt crit them for over 3k each and Ion Pulse spams are snaring them and hitting them anywhere from 1.2-2k and they are just another one of my many kills.