Will I lag on a West coast server if I play from the East coast?

Omegix

My friends for some reason decided to create characters on a West coast server when we all live in the East/Midwest. I was wondering if I will experience any lag that will hinder my gameplay? They also decided to join an RP server, so I was also wondering if not participating in role play on the server will get me warned/banned?

If you are east and playing on a west coast server won't give you an huge amounts of lag. None that you will notice anyway.

And not RPing on a RP server won't get you banned. But still be respectful of those that choose to RP, and everything would be fine.

My friends for some reason decided to create characters on a West coast server when we all live in the East/Midwest. I was wondering if I will experience any lag that will hinder my gameplay? They also decided to join an RP server, so I was also wondering if not participating in role play on the server will get me warned/banned?

I'm in NC and play on a west coast server and experience no noticeable lag.

You should be fine without roleplaying, but I wouldn't run around talking about what you just bought at Wal-Mart or name your character hugewanker or anything like that.

You'll lag a little. It's a physical inevitability. There's a longer distance between you and the server. The question is are you willing to put up with it? Only you can decide that. Try it out and see if it drives you crazy.