The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Advice for Powertech please read

RatZDrizZy

Hey guys, i started a bounty hunter and i am LOVING it. I chose powertech and am level 14 atm. Im just wondering for the long run what spells and abilities i should really be focusing on. Like what are the top 5 abilities i need to be using. I know Rocket punch is a main one but what else? Thanks alot. I also chose pyrotech tree btw

Pyrotech focuses on burning things as the name suggests. Combustible Gas Cylinder and Rail Shot are what it's all about. Set your target on fire either using Incendiary Grenade, Flame Burst or your blaster shots and follow up immediately with Rail Shot. This puts it on cooldown and vents 8 heat.

Next you want to use Rocket Punch and start chaining Flame Burst (as heat permits) to trigger a FREE HEAT VENTING RAIL SHOT as well as resetting the cooldown. Thermal Detonator can be useful to set up some delayed burst, or as a big F.U. to the guy that just killed you - chances are when it goes off he'll be joining you in death.

You'll still want to use Death from Above every chance you get since it does massive amounts of damage and the radius extends well beyond the Imperial symbol painted on the ground. I only ever use Unload when I have no other way of reaching or damaging a target, but it's guaranteed to set them on fire with CGC.

whats so good about shieldtech? do they still deal good damage etc?

Shieldtech has excellent Heat management while leveling, and can get a 50% critical chance and 30% more critical damage on Flame Spin and Rocket Punch. Mid 20's to early 30's it is up there with Pyro for best leveling spec (Adv Proto lags a bit right after Ret Blade and until Charged Gauntlets and Prototype Flamethrower).

In the late levels, leveling with Shieldtech is very easy but slow due to the scaling of the mobs and extra damage that the other trees get. It is a viable leveling spec all the way up, and perhaps the most efficient spec in the mid level range.