Workaround for 6.0 Scavenging Dialog Not Being Shown

Dashtardly

Yesterday no dialog was displayed while scavenging nodes. Today, I got the dialog off the first two gathers and then nothing. However, I noticed that if I am MOUNTED and click on a node, that I always get the dialog. Since the gather goes directly into then new materials stash (and there's nothing in the chat window), lack of a dialog is a real problem. I have not tried this workaround yet on other gathering skills.

Unfortunately you're running into an issue that was identified back on PTS and still snuck into live; we can only hope it does get corrected. The actual problem is triggered by your companion doing the gathering. If you (as in your character) do the gathering directly, you will get the dialogue, and this is why it worked from mounted because that triggered the gathering action by your character directly. Another way to make sure your character does it even while your companion is summoned is to SHIFT+Click the node instead of just the click alone.

Workarounds are a pain, however, because I know I'm far from the only one who tries to be as efficient as possible in resources gathering by sending your companion off to a node while you run onward looking for the next one.

Help me to understand why this seems to be such a large issue for some. I fully agree it needs to be fixed, but it seems to me that especially for scavenging nodes. you know what you are going to get before you even click on it. Unless they are mixing levels now, or something. The type and yields are pretty standardized.

Help me to understand why this seems to be such a large issue for some. I fully agree it needs to be fixed, but it seems to me that especially for scavenging nodes. you know what you are going to get before you even click on it. Unless they are mixing levels now, or something. The type and yields are pretty standardized.

In 6.0, you are getting at least a half-dozen materials (green, blue, and purple). So, yes, it is important to know. These are NOT the gathering nodes like in the past.

The actual problem is triggered by your companion doing the gathering. If you (as in your character) do the gathering directly, you will get the dialogue..

Doesn't work at all for me. Slicing works as it should, for both companion and myself, with log entries, etc. Scavenging and Bioanalysis doesn't work at all (i get the loot window, but that closes in a tenth of a second). Log remains empty. I've not tried Archeology yet.

I noticed this today as well. The chat log shows I've received no items and the pop-up for items doesn't appear when I scavenge. Checking my inventory shows no noticeable change, either. When I try the tip of doing it from a mount, I do get the pop-up, but still no chat log and I'm certain no items.