The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Suggestion] please make new set bonus pieces equipable in outfit designer

GracePatienceBli

Right now on the pts, If youre for instance an inquisitor you can not equip a warrior setbonus item in the outfit designer. I can however equip a heavy armor item there, even though i need light armor. This will make collecting setbonus items desirable even if you dont necessarily play that particular class.

Right now on the pts, If youre for instance an inquisitor you can not equip a warrior setbonus item in the outfit designer. I can however equip a heavy armor item there, even though i need light armor. This will make collecting setbonus items desirable even if you dont necessarily play that particular class.

The gear is class-locked, not weight-locked, and gear locked to other classes(1) has *never* worked in Outfit Designer.

It's not clear to me if that's a good idea or a bad idea for the new gear, but it's worth noting that 5.X "set-bonus" gear shells couldn't be used across class boundaries either (er, because they were character-bound).

(1) Pedantically: gear locked to a list of classes that doesn't include yours. (E.g. gear locked to SW/JK if you're an SI.)

Completely agree, OP. I actually posted about the same thing a couple of hours ago!

It makes collecting the various sets much more appealing. Only really old gear from 1.x is linked to base class, crafted and from the original legacy vendors on capital planets.

Basically everything else works in Outfit Designer, until the upcoming set bonus shells.

I also suggested if it's too much to remove the class restrictions, make the gear shells available in cosmetic form only on a vendor for a credit sink. 6.0 loves credit sinks, right?!

The gear is class-locked, not weight-locked, and gear locked to other classes(1) has *never* worked in Outfit Designer.

It's not clear to me if that's a good idea or a bad idea for the new gear, but it's worth noting that 5.X "set-bonus" gear shells couldn't be used across class boundaries either (er, because they were character-bound).

(1) Pedantically: gear locked to a list of classes that doesn't include yours. (E.g. gear locked to SW/JK if you're an SI.)

You could always buy other classes' endgame gear and use it in outfit designer, even though it was bound.

In the current state, 6.0 set bonus shells for classes other than the base class you're playing (and its mirror) aren't able to be used in Outfit Designer.

Especially since a bunch of older gear models that were taken out of the game and never used in the Cartel Market are being reintroduced as set bonus shells in 6.0, it makes sense for them to be able to function in Outfit Designer. BioWare isn't going to sell them to players via the Cartel Market - might as well let us grind for them if folks care to for particular pieces or whole sets.

Edited by arunav

You could always buy other classes' endgame gear and use it in outfit designer, even though it was bound.

Oops, yes, you're right, although that doesn't change the essential point that the class lock is 100% of why it won't work.

I'd be willing to speculate that the fallout from the change was more or less an oversight. We shall see, I guess.