The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition: to improve 2-piece set bonuses

Metthew

They are very weak. I have run the numbers, and the alacrity / accuracy ones just means you can replace 2% of your desired threshold value with power (by getting slightly more power heavy enhancements), and the other ones are similarly weak. This makes 4-piece sets much less desirable, and combining several 2-piece set bonuses is out of the question.

The proposal I have is the following, either.

1. Change each 2-piece set bonus to instead buff a percentage directly - e.g. +2% Alacrity instead of +2% Alacrity Rating, +3% Damage Reduction instead of +3% Armor, +2% Damage Dealt instead of +2% Power, etc.
  2. Greatly increase the stats given by the 2-piece set bonuses, to the order of 20-40%, such that the 2-piece set bonuses become impactful instead of irrelevant.

I'd strongly prefer the 1st option.

Edited by Metthew

They are very weak. I have run the numbers, and the alacrity / accuracy ones just means you can replace 2% of your desired threshold value with power (by getting slightly more power heavy enhancements), and the other ones are similarly weak. This makes 4-piece sets much less desirable, and combining several 2-piece set bonuses is out of the question.

The proposal I have is the following, either.

1. Change each 2-piece set bonus to instead buff a percentage directly - e.g. +2% Alacrity instead of +2% Alacrity Rating, +3% Damage Reduction instead of +3% Armor, +2% Damage Dealt instead of +2% Power, etc.
  2. Greatly increase the stats given by the 2-piece set bonuses, to the order of 20-40%, such that the 2-piece set bonuses become impactful instead of irrelevant.

I'd strongly prefer the 1st option.

I agree. Specially for stats like alacrity/critical/accuracy. Anything that is low in points and get diminishing returns fast should get a direct increase. 2% more points in alacrity or accuracy is simply a joke.