The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

10/7 PTS update

Flying-Brian

A lot of changes to the PTS today.

Crafting at higher levels can now be tested, as the console also gives the legendary grade 11 mats.

Medpacks can be deconstructed (there is a new version). If you have a stock pile of the older ones, those can still be RE'd.

Also looks like for moddable gear, that the iLvl rating of the mods is now within 2 levels of your iLvl rating. So at lvl 306, the mods are either 304 or 306. Not fixed yet (they all need to be the same lvl), but better then it was.

I'm sure there are other changes to, so get to testing.

So... I'm seeing a 5% chance of learning a new schematic from blue augments. Each blue augment takes 10 tier 3 prototype exotic materials (processed isotope stabilizers) and 5 tier 3 artifact exotic materials (solid resource matrix). Those costs, just for a 5% chance of learning the next grade, are insane. Full-on nuts. Yet again, I have no idea what BW are thinking.

Edit: I succeeded after three tries at "5%," so I don't know if I was simply lucky or if 5% is a misprint. Anyway, I see that the result is a rating 286 purple/artifact augment, which cannot be RE'd for a next level, so I'm assuming that's the top level for now? I'd been imagining a further legendary/gold quality augment at 306, which is part of why I thought the 5% chance to improve blues was so awful, but at least it's not quite as bad as that if the purple level is BiS for now.

I saw red-blue crystals added to artifice, though, so... like... thanks for that. (Actually genuinely thanks. But would like new dyes as well, and more looks for synthweaving and armormech.)

Edited by Estelindis