The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Loot tables for 6.0

frennky

In one of your posts you stated your plan for loot tables for all new set bonuses and tacticals. I think it's not a very good idea to implement them as such and here's why.

Problem

Every gear grind is effectively a race/rush and as such players will try to optimize, meaning they will try to do "fastest" or "easiest" content in order to maximize amount of reward that they get for time invested. What this translates to is what we already have on Live. Players are doing Fractured for Uprising weekly, Hammer station for Flashpoint weekly and last boss on group finder operation.

In some other thread I've read that players are already calculating how many Hammer station runs we need to do for a full set of gear. And the problem is not that we need to do Hammer station 700 times, but the fact that we already did that FP for who knows how many times, yet this game has so much content to offer.

I've played this game for so many years and done almost all that there is in it, but most of the content I haven't even touched for quite a few years. I don't remember when was the last time I did Taral V or TC ops and I'm sure it's the case for most of veteran players.

Suggestion

Instead of going with your plan for loot tables, I have a different suggestion. Make each boss in FP/Op drop specific gear piece. That way to fully gear up, I'll have to do few different FPs or Ops and it can still have an RNG flavor, make it a probability to drop something specific (lets say for example 25% on SM, 50% on HM and 100% on NiM).

PS be sure to put generic/general items in Hammer station in order not to favor any of the classes.