The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Change setbonus description from +Alacrity to +Alacrity RATING

Advieser

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to quickly point out that the current phrasing (2: +2% Alacrity) will probably cause a lot of confusion, which is why I would suggest changing to say "+2% Alacrity Rating" instead. I don't have a list of all setbonuses for this is the case but one example would be the "Gathering Storm" set.

Have a nice day!

I would counter in it needs to do what it says and add 2% to Alacrity percentage along with the other sets that add 2% to critical. The ones for Mastery and Endurance seem fairish. Power not so much, but that is only for anything that is at level 75 any place lower and they don't matter as gear doesn't matter.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to quickly point out that the current phrasing (2: +2% Alacrity) will probably cause a lot of confusion, which is why I would suggest changing to say "+2% Alacrity Rating" instead. I don't have a list of all setbonuses for this is the case but one example would be the "Gathering Storm" set.

Have a nice day!

So true. All the set bonus does is take whatever the character's alacrity rating is and multiplies it by 1.02. If it were +2% alacrity instead, as the tooltip states, it would be quite awesome.

Edited by TerraStomper

Hello everyone,

Have a nice day!

Or for that matter state, 2% Alacrity Bonus as we would be adding only a BONUS of 2% alacrity against an overall score of like 1200 which = 24 ....... why not just state you get nothing on the 1st bonus .......:(

Or for that matter state, 2% Alacrity Bonus as we would be adding only a BONUS of 2% alacrity against an overall score of like 1200 which = 24 ....... why not just state you get nothing on the 1st bonus .......:(

Indeed, the +2% alacrity set bonus usually contributes nothing. To be meaningful it has to push a timing threshold down another .1 seconds. Like by pushing a 3144 alacrity rating past 3206 to hit the 1.3 second GCD threshold. With alacrity rating at 1200, +24 (+2%) won't improve performance at all, making it an ineffective set bonus most of the time.

I would rather have +2% mastery, +2% power, +2% critical, or +2% accuracy. The first two can be capped by Level Synch, again nullifying their set bonus contributions. And, +2% accuracy is only like +32 near the 1589 sweet spot. That leaves +2% critical the only one left that contributes in most situations, however small it is.

Edited by TerraStomper