The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grade 11 Biochem Consumable Performance in PTS 2.0

TerraStomper

So, i was staring a bit at the Advanced Kyrprax Proficient Stim MK-2 my PTS toon now knows how to make, but can't because I don't have enough legendary embers, and a thought struck me: grade 11 stims are quite nerfed compared with their grade 10 versions from 5.x. This observation also depends on how or if Level Synch decides to mess with the stats the stim boosts.

The Advanced Kyrprax Proficient Stim grants +264 to accuracy and +108 to critical rating, lasts for 8 hours and persists through death. The level 75 110% accuracy target occurs at an 1589 rating, and lets say the critical rating target is about 3000, even though this is quite hard to reach given alacrity, accuracy, and critical all compete in the same stat pool.

The grade 10 version of the purple Proficient Stim for 70 players is +240 to accuracy and +99 to critical rating. An ideal 110% accuracy target is 738 at level 70, along with about 1900 critical rating. When the Proficient stim is used, it contributes 32.5% (240/738) of the accuracy rating needed to reach ideal, along with about 5% (99/1900) of the target critical rating stat.

So, if the grade 11 Advanced Kyrprax Proficient Stim was supposed to be as good as its predecessor, it would need to correspondingly grant +516 to accuracy and +150 to critical rating when doing level 75 content. In other content, Level Synch either is or will be applied at some point, and it does muck with stats.

Is the grade 11 as good for a 75 as a grade 10 is for a level 70? It doesn't appear to be as good. The stim contributes 16.6% (264/1589) of the accuracy rating needed to reach the ideal 110%, and 3.5% (108/3000) of the critical rating, compared with the grade 10 stim's performance boost granted to the level 70 character. Relatively speaking, that is about a 50% nerf going from 70 to 75, and going from using the grade 10 stim to the grade 11 stim.

Edited by TerraStomper

So your saying stick with the grade 10 and don't bother with the grade 11 stuff?

In a manner of speaking, sure. The grade 11s are way too expensive to make, so one might as well continue to use the grade 10s, at least until the materials needed to make them are gone, namely the Iokath Recombinators.

For another way to look at it, the purple grade 11 stim contributes 372 points to the alacrity+critical+accuracy stat pool. The grade 10 stim contributes 339. That is a 9.9% improvement considering just the stim. However, leveling from 70 to 75, the depth of this stat pool increases from 4444 (in 258 gear with stim) to about 7800 (with stim, which no 75 gear available can achieve.) That is a 75.5% increase in depth going from level 70 to 75.

The grade 10 stim fills 7.62% of this stat pool at 70. The grade 10 stim fills 4.35% (339/7800) at 75. The grade 11 fills 4.77% (372/7800) at 75. The difference between the two, +33 stat points or 0.42%, isn't really enough to matter, especially given that the ideal stat pool still cannot be achieved using the best gear, stims, and augments available.

How much will this affect game play? I don't know. But, just looking at the stat pools, going from 70 to 75 does negatively impact play. Classes that rely on lower GCD are definitely more clunky in the flow of combat at 75 than they were at 70.

Edited by TerraStomper