The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shroud of Memory Bonus Chapter Cartel Market Suggestion.

Topherbei

You know what item they should add within the Cartel Market ? and this is just a suggestion.

They should add the "Shroud of Memory" access authorization to the Cartel Market so that everyone has direct access to the Bonus Chapter content which takes place after the events of KOTFE and right before the start of KOTET. They should make "Shroud of Memory" available the same way as to how Section X is available to everyone on the Cartel Market.

Would the developers do that ? I dont know, I dont speak for them unfortunately, but it would be a great addition in my book, and I'm sure that there are players out there especially the newer ones who would appreciate the idea of gaining access to that Bonus Chapter.

How would you price it? I know it's *their* decision if they decide to do it that way, but I want to know what *you* think a good price would be.

Bear in mind that to get it originally you had to be a subscriber *continuously* from 11 January 2016 to 1 August 2016 *inclusive*, six and a half months:

* Some people (including me) subscribed anyway for other reasons (subscriber benefits, duh) and got the chapter as a nice bonus.

* Some people (including some who have posted on the forums) subscribed specifically to get the chapter, and (if they were playing) got the subscriber benefits as a nice bonus.

How would you price it? I know it's *their* decision if they decide to do it that way, but I want to know what *you* think a good price would be.

Bear in mind that to get it originally you had to be a subscriber *continuously* from 11 January 2016 to 1 August 2016 *inclusive*, six and a half months:

* Some people (including me) subscribed anyway for other reasons (subscriber benefits, duh) and got the chapter as a nice bonus.

* Some people (including some who have posted on the forums) subscribed specifically to get the chapter, and (if they were playing) got the subscriber benefits as a nice bonus.

In my opinion, they should price it to about 2,000 Cartel Coins. I was originally going to put at 1,000, but then I thought about the two companions you get after words HK-55 and ZO-OM, so I raised the total price to 2,000 Cartel Coins instead. 2,000 CC is still pretty cheap so I'm sure the price range wouldn't be an issue, But again this not my call to make, this is just a suggestion.

* Yes I am fully aware that for players to receive access to that limited time offer Bonus Chapter, they must "continuously" be a subscriber from the 11th of January of 2016 to the 1st of August of 2016.

Its only fair to include the Bonus Chapter into the Cartel Market for those who missed out originally, and it only makes sense to do that now before Onslaught becomes available to everyone on October 22nd of 2019. Why ? because, once Onslaught becomes available, it would over shadow Shroud of Memory making it less likely for the majority of players to take interest into playing that bonus chapter, but I'm also sure that there are some players out there who are still curious and interested in experiencing that bonus chapter for themselves, and again this is just my suggestion and own personal opinion, its not my call to make.

* For those who managed to be subscribed at the time, thats great, but what about for those who missed out ? especially newer players ? This would be a great opportunity to offer that access authorization of that Bonus Chapter to anyone one who missed out on that special time offer originally back in 2016. Again this is just my suggestion in the hopes of helping everyone else gain access to that specific story content within the Cartel Market just to retain the concept of fairness for those who are curious to see that bonus chapter unfold for themselves. I am fully aware of YouTube providing spoiler walkthroughs of that specific chapter, but we're talking about players who want to experience the Bonus Chapter for themselves. It would be nice if the developers actually implemented that item within the Cartel Market, but as always I'm just offering my personal opinion on this matter and nothing more.

* In my opinion I believe the forums is a nice way of getting your message across. Who knows, the developers might stumble upon your post and receive some inspiration from it. But I'm just speculating at this point. In regards to this topic, I still believe that the Access Authorization to the Bonus Chapter of "Shroud of Memory" should still be available to everyone within the Cartel Market for the happy little price of 2,000 Cartel Coins. But once again this is just my suggestion to what the Cartel Market could include and nothing more.

Would be nice if it was included, but unfortunately that's not my decision to make, its the decision of those who are responsible of adding content within the Cartel Market, and those are my two cents on the subject.

Edited by Topherbei

I thought about the two companions you get after words HK-55 and ZO-OM

The replacement HK-55(1) comes from the mission Arma Rasa which happens *before* Shroud of Memory, not after, and was granted for being a subscriber *on* 11 January 2016. Some players have Arma Rasa but not Shroud of Memory.

(1) It isn't really HK-55, but a new-build droid that looks and sounds a lot like him.

In my opinion, they should price it to about 2,000 Cartel Coins. I was originally going to put at 1,000, but then I thought about the two companions you get after words HK-55 and ZO-OM, so I raised the total price to 2,000 Cartel Coins instead. 2,000 CC is still pretty cheap so I'm sure the price range wouldn't be an issue, But again this not my call to make, this is just a suggestion..

I don't mind posters asking for subscriber rewards, I think they should be shared, for the most part.

I'm in the camp of, I play to play the game, I subscribe to play the game, if I happen to get reward, cool, if I don't, cool, it doesn't change my personal play experience. Myself, SoM was the only reward I didn't get. For me, if it was available in the future, I'd only get it to have the chapter complete in the chapter list. I hate looking at the one chapter in the list, not complete.

But...

Please, just know what you're asking for. I think the biggest misconception posters have with this request is they believe the HK-55 alert and the bonus chapter are one in the same. The HK-55 alert Arma Rasa was a completely separate reward from Shroud of Memory, with two different sets of criteria to meet to gain access.

ETA:

As always, Steve already provided the details in greater detail. But I guess my main point still stands, just know what you're asking for.

I do think an interesting thought is though, if you don't have HK-55, and the chapter was released, would HK need to be brought back to gain access to the chapter? If players really want both, HK-55 and the bonus chapter, they can pay for both as separate, or gifted both as separate rewards, depending on how/if they were brought back.

Edited by absolutetristan