Balance/Bolster/Nerfs

Astromancy

As soon as I get to level 71, my stats are severely nerfed without any changes in gear. Also, while on fleet, my stats--HP for example is 220K at level 75, on Ossus with the same character it's around 108K and it's nearly impossible to solo heroics that I get through pretty easily with a level 70 character where my 258 item rating gear stats are remaining unchanged. And yet, Hammer Station for example is still super easy to solo with most any level 70+ gear.

I'm wondering if it's just me because I haven't found anyone else commenting on this. Is anyone else experiencing the same stats balancing problem?

Ya they nerf you hard now per planet, but it works okay in some stuff. Ossus was not designed with such a reduction in mind I think. Then again a heroic should require 2 or 4. Thought soloing vet is still easy at least on Hammer Station. There is just no balance to level sync. Now if there was a % debuff then gear would matter and all stats would be nerfed or buffed.

The way Level Synch currently works, content can get way out of balance. Sometimes this falls in favor of the player, and at other times can completely block progress.

Level Synch pretty much ignores stat contributions from gear by assigning health, damage bonus, and healing bonus from preset endurance, mastery and power values based on the character's squished level. Running level 70 content, this seems to be about the equivalent of having 238-244 quality gear with no augments and no datacrons. Except for buffs and procs that increase tertiary stats, buffs from other stims and adrenals, relic procs, companion, and class buffs are similarly ignored or nullified by Level Synch.

Tertiary stats (alacrity, critical, shield, absorb, and accuracy rating) are left as-is, but as the character levels up, those pools get wider and wider, so unless gear improves them, the character ends up increasingly nerfed as they continue up toward 75. The Defense stat doesn't nerf further as long as the player chooses to continue to run the same level of content.

That is my understanding of Level Synch's nerf, now on to it "compensating" buff.

At Level 75, Level Synch grants the character an additional stacking buff that bolsters health, damage, and healing based on the character's current gear level starting at 268. 270 should be 1 stack. 306 is 19 stacks. Below 268, no stacks. The damage bonus in 306 gear is significant -- more than a level 70 in 258 gear with 240 augments would have had.

However, some encounters under Level Synch block progress when a level 71-75 tries to do them, even if they are wearing the best gear. For example, the mission "Showdown on Iokath". Toward the end, the mission pits the player in a walker against 3 Sentinel Iokath droids each with about 470K HP. If the fight is done at level 70, the character in the walker will have about 500-550K HP and can do enough DPS to take out all three droids before running out of health. At 75, under Level Synch, the fight is impossible unless the player can perfectly avoid every hit from the sentinels. The character will only have 108-126K HP -- this is the difference between being below 268 and a 306 gear rating. Level Synch is nullifying the walker's gear contributions. With the health pool 80% nerfed, the character is unlikely to survive.

Other encounters from Eternal Throne forward are similarly way more difficult now. Ossus is doable all the way through, but players will have quite a bit of difficulty getting through the Jedi Library mob packs unless they know how to kite.

Edited by TerraStomper

As soon as I get to level 71, my stats are severely nerfed without any changes in gear. Also, while on fleet, my stats--HP for example is 220K at level 75, on Ossus with the same character it's around 108K and it's nearly impossible to solo heroics that I get through pretty easily with a level 70 character where my 258 item rating gear stats are remaining unchanged. And yet, Hammer Station for example is still super easy to solo with most any level 70+ gear.

I'm wondering if it's just me because I haven't found anyone else commenting on this. Is anyone else experiencing the same stats balancing problem?

Level Sync will never go away.....similar to current leveling etc.....It may be easier just to go to Odessen auto level to 75 and begin working on the new content