In-Game VOIP chat

JayneKobb

Coming from a game that had a voice client built in, I find that I really miss having it here. Im so used to grouping with people and hearing voices that its kind of weird to sit in silence while I play.

Im working on building a guild and getting a Vent server. I know those are options.

However, I cant help but feel that a little piece of the community goes missing when you cant actually talk to people. It makes it so much easier to get to know people in game and make PUGs much more likely to be successful.

Thoughts anyone?

I'm definitely getting setup with some sort of voice system here in the next week. Being new to group play it would be great if I could interact with people more quickly to find out what I'm doing right and wrong or what is expected. It would be much better than folks instantly assuming just because you desire to do group play you're well versed in the system.

Voice is great and horrible at the same time.

If you play with decent folks, it's a huge benefit to your co-ordination and helps you connect with your fellow players.

Otherwise, too frequently you get someone who either takes the game far too seriously, and effectively just screams in your ear the whole time over minor things.

Myself, I'm more a passive voice user, I listen, but rarely speak, mainly out of consideration to the other person in the room with me.