The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PTS Thoughts

Beckwith

I ran a few FPs and KP SM with a few other my guildies. Here are my thoughts.

1. Level Sync - I personally am not for this. I was not for this when it was announced that you were doing this. With that being said, I ran Hammer Station VM and HM and it was a joke to heal. We 2manned both with my friend being a Tank and me being a Healer. I think I did more DPS than I did healing all the way through it. We then went on to KP SM. We had 2 Tanks, 1 Sage DPS, and 1 Healer. Again, this was a joke, we were able to kill everything with ease. There was no struggling or it being hard at any point. It was a joke of a raid, even though its a joke now on live server, at least there are times it can be a bit challenging. The only boss that gave us problems was Karragga and he enraged on us at 6% and then we got him down to 0% but didn't kill him. We tried again and we downed him. That fight was a challenge because all 4 people got pulled into the vortex and it was a bit difficult to heal because of the missles and mouse droids and stuff, but we got through it. Other than that, this was a joke. This needs to be fixed. SM to me should be a slight challenge to help teach people basic mechanics and their basic rotation. This did none of that, it was just pathetic.

2. Gear - The gear that dropped from KP SM was all 274 or lower, none of us got anything we needed since we were all 274 or higher, so I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but something you may want to check out.

3. Health Bars - In KP SM, my Guardian Tank and Shadow Tank had more than 100%. I believe my Guardian Tank was at 110% and my Shadow tank was at 108%. I asked them if they had anything on that increases their health and they said no. So, possibly another bug

4. Loot System - This seems to be a lot more RNG than previously. Reason I say this is because I kept getting accuracy gear. Also the gear that had an armoring, Mod and Enhancement were worse than the pieces that didn't have them. Also, I don't or have not seen any set bonus gear, when does this drop? One of my friends is at 288 and has 1 piece of set bonus. Having all this gear to go through is fine, if you do it right and here it seems like you guys just through in a bunch of junk stuff and made it better than the gear that we should want. For example, I had to give up my lightsaber I like to use for a crappy lightsaber that has no hilt, mod, or enhancement. That kind of irritated me. I am sure it will others too. So, I have to use the set one you gave me until I can find the good pieces of gear.

5. Amplifiers - This is a bit irritating. You have to take an RNG chance of getting what you want and even then it may give you only .40% increase to your stat you want instead of 1.00% or higher that you want, then you have to keep doing RNG with it to see if you can get the good one. Its annoying and a huge waste of credits for something that seems a bit important for NIm and Ranked players like myself and people in my guild. I know you said this is not required to do stuff in the game, but every bonus helps. Just frustrating to spend 5-10mins doing RNG of this just to see if you get what you want. There should be some way for it to tell what spec you are and then when you roll the dice on it, it gives you choices that are best for your spec.

I think that is everything I have for you guys Kieth, Musco, and the rest of the Devs. I hope it helps you out.