The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gearing and IRating

DarthBryn

So, after spending many hours testing the various gearing options from running Fp's, Ops and using Vendors the major issue for me that’s come up is the use of iRating. Perhaps it’s a misunderstanding on my part, but from what I can see it’s the current Characters Item Rating not the specific Items Rating that is used as the base line for Upgrades / Side grades.

My issue with this is the current use of iRating (Character gear Rating) is forcing me to take any item that’s statistically better than the item I currently have even if it doesn't contain the stats I want as it improves my overall Characters gears rating. I then have to play with this piece equipped on the off chance that I will get another improved piece.

Similarly, if I am lucky enough to get a set piece item, if it contains a lower gear rating than another piece, I have in the same slot I can’t actually use it.

I don’t have a solution to this in mind I’m afraid but the huge quantity of me-too items I am seeing is probably due to this and causing a great deal of frustration in the gearing process.