The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Item/Gearing Feedback Change Suggestions

TmoneyTime

After playing a few Hammer Station runs/ Looking at the gearing system (amps, tacticals, set bonus), One thing has really stuck out. The gearing system doesn't feel rewarding. I think that the expansion is missing the point on what the players want vs what the dev team think the players want.

Its seems like the devs think: Players like loot lets give them a bunch of it. (carrot on a stick).

What players want: Interesting game play.(We are find with grinding for it as long as the reward is worth it.)

Right now the rewards in the grind are just not worth it. The rewards for grinding are more dps, more heals, more stats. That's not at all what we want. We want depth, We want to make interesting gearing decisions that affect game play, We want to be able to go to our friends and say "Look at this cool tactical I got when i combine it with X set bonus I can play like this".

I think that if the dev time was focused more on interesting game play other then gear grind it would go further. For instance imagine if we had 1,000 tactical items that changed the fundamental way a classed is played. I know balancing would be awful but if there were patches when a item or combo was op it would eventually work it's self out.

I just think 6.0 is missing the mark right now.